Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintaining Your (Battle) Weight
I believe Battle Weight should have a base of ten, which should have every point of strength added on top of (AKA, not only increase after ten strength). Or changing the calculation to STR + VIT/4. The reasoning behind this is the fact that beginning players instantly go over the minimum from the base equipment that they buy. Along with the fact that it would just be nice for people with lower strength. You could argue that they should just get packrat and/or the weight reducing passives but even with all of that, it's just not enough for many. Some (most mages) don't even have more than 20 by the time they're level 60.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
How about a minimum of 10 or 15?
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
I think that a minimum of 10 is fine. Every stat should be desired for some reason, and 10 lets everyone use -some- equipment while still limiting their choices.

To clarify, I mean 10 or Strength, whichever is higher.
I concur with Grandpa. Not even for just first timers, but on top of that, people who LE and use certain items are forced to either deal with a penalty until they regain STR stat, or use shit items until then. For someone who'd been around the block and earned their keep, it makes no RP sense for them to suddenly suck with their weapons just because they added onto their story.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I agree with a minimum BW increase. It's actually depressingly possible for new characters to fail the tutorial battle because their accuracy was too low due to the BW penalty from the weight of the weapon they just bought. Games are supposed to be progressively more difficult, not go from lunatic to easy.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
Using LE and "Making no RP sense to suddenly not be able to wield your weapons"as an argument is completely nonsensical. In what way is LE anywhere near sensible ICly? It has completely nothing to do with battleweight, but stats in general. Calling it "adding to your story" surely doesn't explain why your magic suddenly does shit damage, why you're suddenly so slow, why you can't stand hits. Etc. It has been discussed many times before, most recently in a discussion regarding possible level/stat cap for equipment in which you were present.

On the other hand, I agree with the minimum BW increase.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4231&sid=44f9ada19728c8f613cd1122fa678a33#p4231 Wrote:Sarinpa1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:03 am[/url]"]Using LE and "Making no RP sense to suddenly not be able to wield your weapons"as an argument is completely nonsensical. In what way is LE anywhere near sensible ICly? It has completely nothing to do with battleweight, but stats in general. Calling it "adding to your story" surely doesn't explain why your magic suddenly does shit damage, why you're suddenly so slow, why you can't stand hits. Etc. It has been discussed many times before, most recently in a discussion regarding possible level/stat cap for equipment in which you were present.

All right so let's say you're beat militia soldier Rocky Mcclane and you're living life until some generic evil dude kills your sensei and kidnaps your princess. You go out and adventure and kill at least three dudes, then seal the evil guy away and swear to never use your power again. A week later, you go to a fancy dinner party run by terrorists who threaten to terrorize you and your way of life, but you swore to not use your abilities and also you've been retired and you're rusty now. So you pick up one of the terrorists' machine guns and show them a barefoot Merry Christmas, but you get hospitalized after kicking so much terrorist ass. Now you're in rehab but being hospitalized doesn't pay and your princess can't bear to watch you in your current state, but there's a boxing tournament coming up. To make ends meet, you fight your way through rehab and start training some fists of steel. Eventually you win but your arch-nemesis the nephew of the evil dude you once sealed poisoned you before the tournament and now you're partially blind. Unluckily for you, the president of your town has been kidnapped by martians who happen to be expert boxers, so now you have to retain yourself and adapt to prove you're a bad enough dude. Then you get struck by lightning and the cycle continues.

Really, Legend Extending is as IC as you make it, just like everything else. It could represent new training, overcoming a mental block or physical disability, rehabilitation, or any number of things. Which is why we need more battle weight.
I'll pretend I read that finely crafted story arc to remind you of :

1. "Which is why we need more battle weight." is the only thing you posted of relevance to this topic. And what you said doesn't even explain why it should be. What the fuck was the point of that post?

2. If you LE and suddenly have a massive drop in all your stats for WHATEVER reason. (Crippled, vampirism weakness, whatever the bloody hell comes into your mind)
Your STR goes down.

Battleweight = What you can wear/wield without being hindered. Which equals your strength. Now, since you LE'd, as said for whatever bloody hell IC reason you figure for a massive stat drop in everything. (I'm sure getting your face kicked in so you need rehab lowers your let's say resistance but alright let's ignore this inconsistency for sake of this), you become WEAKER. Aka, your max battleweight goes automaticaly down. If you somehow LE while still being buff as fuck (High STR) then byyy aaaall meaaaans, use it as an argument to raise battleweight.

AKA
It has nothing to do with battleweight, but with stats in general.
You got best gear in game? Tough luck, you're a weak little shit now, as your stats dictate, get ahold of that lightweight cheap sword until you are strong again.

Back on topic : LE'd characters, same as starter characters (no difference what-so-ever), might get hindered for first few levels of not being to wear any of the gear they found, resulting in a chance of being in actual trouble.

Which is the reason why it should get slightly upped. Slightly.
Pettiness and jabs aside, the first suggestion seems best. +10 body weight as a foundation on top of your strength seems fair enough. It's just an arbitrary number that translates to whatever you want to (reasonably) make of it in-character. Certain outdated items like the Kigal could use some inspection. That item in particular weighs a bit too much for a magician's conventional use, even if floating is a thing.