Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maneuver: Throw Weapon
So, this was an idea I came up with one night at random because I decided to stay up too late, and I decided to share it here since I think it's an interesting idea, and we need more Manuevers anyway. Thissun throws your weapon, as the title implies, but I also came up with the concept of it having 'Throw Mastery' traits that you can only get one of. So I'll list the main course, and then three Mastery Traits afterward, and I'm curious to see some opinions. I have more than three, but I'd rather gauge interest in an idea like this first.

Maneuver: Throw Weapon

Grants the ability Throw Weapon in combat, which enables you to throw either your Main or Sub Weapon.

You throw your weapon at an enemy in hopes of hitting them from a range you'd normally not be able to reach.
Makes a ranged basic attack effective in 5 range with the chosen weapon. However, when using Throw Weapon, the weapon that you threw is unequipped (similar to hot potato - it's put into your inventory after combat). Additionally, there is a 20% critical hit penalty, since it is hard to aim for just the right spot like you normally could. The weapon is left on the ground where it was thrown, and can be picked back up at a cost of 1 momentum if you move over the tile at any time. Abilities that remove tiles instead prevent this weapon from being picked back up for one round. If you do not have 1 momentum, you still are able to pick the weapon back up and simply do not have the turn.

Additionally, enemies may use the Kick skill on the weapon, causing it to fly in a direction for tiles equal to 1+1 tile per 10 scaled strength, which refunds two momentum for the Kick action.

Axecutioner [Throw Weapon Mastery]
Requires Maneuver: Throw Weapon, cannot be taken with another Throw Weapon Mastery
When using Throw Weapon with Axe weapons, you do not suffer a critical hit penalty. Additionally, if an enemy is below 25% of their health or feared, you gain 25% crit damage to the attack.

Strong Arm [Throw Weapon Mastery]
Requires Maneuver: Throw Weapon, cannot be taken with another Throw Weapon Mastery
When using Throw Weapon, it's range is increased by one per 10 scaled strength, and has an additional 3 power per tile closer the enemy is to you from maximum range.

Rapid Retrieval [Throw Weapon Mastery]
When you have thrown your weapon with Throw Weapon, you do not suffer a momentum penalty to pick it back up, cannot be locked out of retrieving it via tile removal effects, and can pick it up from adjacent tiles as well as the primary tiles.
I want this. Mom, can we have it? Pretty please?
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]