Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rune Configs
So as it stands runes take quite some time in a turn to place, and people probably don't like waiting for a rune mage to sit there and slap down 6 runes one at a time.

Could we have configuration options that could allow us to make preset rune builds of 1-6 where the 4-6 size configs require swift crafting active prior to working.

This way no one sits there for a week while you go "Uhm..elemental rune...Chrono rune...Razor rune...A-Anchor rune!"

This idea primarily draws from SL1 where runes were pre-built from a set of things, where in this case would be of the 12 current runes.
You can have multiple hotbars already. You could simply just slot the runes in the order you'd use them on another hotbar.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
That doesn't make it much faster nor very reliable, I'm sorry to say but not everyone is going to feel comfortable distinguishing each rune by an icon, and I for one have trouble trying to use the hotbar because then you have to not dumbly press the wrong button while having little indication of which rune you've triggered to place.

Considering how much the order of placement matters, I'd rather be abled to place configurations of runes down, as suggested. Or I'll continue to hand pick from the list, as it stands I don't want to take the risk of the hot bar and what tedious issues it can provide. Because it's not like I'm going to build the same rune everytime.
This is not something we need. As said, this would be perfectly functional under the hotbar, and if not, could do with the hotbar being adjusted instead, to help identify names of skills. That would make things faster for sure, and be useful for more than one class, too. If you're unwilling to use the hotbar, advocate to change what you think is bad about that - it can very much help your problem here.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
While I do agree that I don’t think it’s wholly necessary we have a prebuilt set of runes, I think Swift brings up a pretty good point in that it can be difficult to tell what rune is in use in case you misclicked.

As such, I think it’d be nice if we could have a skillname read out when we’re using a skill for the skill user only prior to actually using it, similar to what you get when it’s been used in combat, the text that displays up top for everyone to see what skill somebody just used.
Obviously, I think it should look aesthetically different and apparent so people don’t miss it or think everyone else can see what they just decided against using. Maybe a ghostlier version of the current readout?

On another note, it’d be pretty nice if we could right-click a placed rune to see what runes it is composed of.
In RP PVP usually it is already a time investment should the other opponent want to emote and react to each individual action already, trust me nobody really cares that much how long it takes to form a rune, infact its not even that bad.
No. I don't believe too many people have had issues with this and the ones that have usually don't even know we have a hotbar option. Least from my experiences.

Seems like something to make more potential work/bugs than anything actually needed necessarily.