Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Suggesting Patrion Item for Custom-Icons on Sprites (Weapon only)
So long as:

1. Custom sprites don't cause enormous save file bloat/lag issues

and 

2.  A very up-front set of rules is created and shared prior to their introduction to avoid abuse cases

Then I see no way this can do any harm, and no reason not to implement it as a Patreon reward. 

Creative examples of abuse cases would be: 
  • Spriting a weapon to look like Kael tail+ears to fake character race.
  • Spriting a weapon to make the character look like the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
  • Wielding a sword that's actually just Sans, Dick Butt, or some other terrible meme.
(07-02-2020, 02:31 PM)Kameron8 Wrote: So long as:

1. Custom sprites don't cause enormous save file bloat/lag issues

and 

2.  A very up-front set of rules is created and shared prior to their introduction to avoid abuse cases

Then I see no way this can do any harm, and no reason not to implement it as a Patreon reward. 

Creative examples of abuse cases would be: 
  • Spriting a weapon to look like Kael tail+ears to fake character race.
  • Spriting a weapon to make the character look like the legendary Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
  • Wielding a sword that's actually just Sans, Dick Butt, or some other terrible meme.

Yeap. I imagine the GMs are going to be watching over all of us from high above in regards to it. I mean, item regalias already exist and I'm certain they keep an eye on those too. In fact, this'd probably(?) be easier to regulate considering it's visible on our sprite.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
Shibe asked me to support so I'm going to do the exact opposite. 0/10 don't like. Needs to be appliable to entire sprites for the true pixel artists that want to show off.

All in all sounds cool either way. 3/10
I support this. It'd allow us to add another degree of cosmetic customization, which could be pretty cool especially when one can't represent something with the icons we have by default.