Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion
(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: Don't want to make it seem like I'm ignoring concerns, so I'll reply here saying that while there was a good chunk of negative feedback, it was that. Feedback - ways to make it better, and not a straight up sign that this type of event wasn't going to sail. Some people wanted events with more narrative, which is why I have been saying so often that those will come - and that people need patience on that.

Feedback I got was a lot of the time centered on the difficulty of the mobs, and how they, of course, needed to be balanced better, and I will not dispute that they did. Something I'll have to do for the next event like this, that much is sure. Another thing was the lack of RP in the event, and just the mobs. Suggestions were taken on board for that and I'm going to see if I can get some field medic RP integrated into swarms, and with all going well with mobs I'll be free up to make more narrates instead of having to fix them.

That's all fine and such. Never doubted you didn't have much to act upon after all. Feels good knowing such things though.

(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: The first event, I admit, was very lackluster as an event. It was a first event so I obviously didn't want to get too ambitious, and it was essentially an opportunity for me to make sure I'd learned the tools right and ensure I could, well... run an event relatively smoothly. In that aspect, it succeeded, and it also gave players something to do.

I assumed there was some kind of personal server or something for the learning part. That's usually how it is. The running smoothly part, however indeed would need field experience. Knowing tools =/= capable of using them effectively and all that.

(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: Admittedly, thanks to the scope of the events the amount of talking point for them isn't grand for most, but people have reacted, and heck even the Chataran event had a brief mention of the swarm within. The timing of both events really made for some great flow, tbh.
Correct. My main issue more so was that I couldn't tell the difference between something that were to be made up for some backstory and something that actually happened. But again. Second event, so it's not exactly too fair to have expected as much.

(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: If there was any more said elsewhere, I must make one thing clear: i cannot act on feedback I don't see. I'm not superhuman and you can't expect me to know what you think if it's posted off in some faraway server I don't exist in. So in that vein, it's certainly not constructive for anyone.

Hence the intent to notify. And it was 90% in game. I'm not in enough servers to warrant getting all that kind of info now. I only observed primarily for the first event and just ducked the second on the basis of what I saw and heard from others.

(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: If you want to be proven wrong on your thoughts and opinions, that's fine - but I honestly did not find it at all constructive for someone who came to neither of the events to reiterate things I've already heard in a way that feels like it was just meant to be anything but helpful, considering any points made have been said in more helpful ways. If you want to see things get better, then help me do so with feedback I can take on board.
In due time. Again. I did state that it was more to inform. Nothing else. I'm already aware that the best route is to just assist in a more direct or productive. I just can't be assed to right now. Probably since i've minimal to cling onto and ain't exactly the best person to be providing that kind of stuff.

(07-27-2020, 01:10 AM)WaifuApple Wrote: ...but I'm afraid I can't really humor concerns of "Well I've heard it was pretty bad", because what you've heard may not always translate well, and because that's not telling me anything that helps me.

That's all I can say. Hope something strikes your fancy in future and makes you less negative about things, but it's okay if it doesn't.

Well, yeah. I'm just one person. As long as people are having fun and overall enjoying themselves, personally the events can be as shit as they want on the fundamental level. Pretty simple. Like I said. I'll giiiive it tiiiime. That's the main thing i'll go about doing. 

So keep at it. Probably. No need to humor much that's a statement after all. Remove the quantity and i'd not even be typing here. Literally.
(07-27-2020, 01:01 AM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote:
Don't worry. I'm well aware of all of this. I did just so happen to say most avenues. More implying that the scope is indeed limited to only what I can see. No reason to go around that.

Is it all second-hand information? Of course. My point was primarily to get across not much more than "I have heard mostly negative aspects and this translates the same often into the IC related aspects when I, me, myself, see it mentioned."

My bias is more or less "Man, off to a rough start. That sucks. I'll consider hopping in when I feel it's better." alongside "A lotta people are talking some shit. While optimism is good, better at least indicate as such." Or for better words.

"Quite a few people??? Man, how the fuck am I missing all the praise barring not being in the SL2 Discord? No way people are so overly negative, right guys?" Granted, y'know. I don't care much to undermine them was more my point. Hell, if it was a personal attack, i'd just say so. I'm just saying that most public events that i've been aware of, i've been able to see an even blend of positvity and negativity alike or more memorable happenings to it. But neither side is overly overwhelming.

Yet it seems almost depressingly negative. I'd love for the events to get better, sure. I know things take time. Go crazy in that regard. Likewise. To add onto this. 

I've an initial lack of faith in most everything until proven otherwise. After all, I hardly knew Appo or most of the others prior to them becoming...y'know. Eventmins. My main reason for speaking is nothing more than "abnormal levels of negativity is worrying" at the core. Likewise, despite all i've said, all the things I could've quoted, so on, so on. 

It's still rather easy to just go about fixing all the issues, getting some more structure, all that jazz and proving me wrong. Yeah? For all I know overall, even if we remove all the negative aspects i've been hearing about, it could be that Appo just ain't going for something I seek personally from events. After all.

Quote:WaifuApple Wrote: 
Quote:Quite a few people have enjoyed these events when the tweaks were finally gotten right and I don't intend to change things too much for these particular events. Expanding on areas that are lacking, and cutting down on things that went overdone, sure... but not completely changing it to please an opinion I've only seen so far from one person.

Not every event will be like this, though. Others on the team will be planning more narrative events, and I'll be planning some too... but the swarm is as simple as I'm going to make things myself. Just a group of challenging mobs that give people a reason to pay attention to a certain area for a little while, and give people something to talk about. That's all they are, even if things weren't perfect first time.
[url=https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthread.php?pid=38568#pid38568][/url]
Them saying they don't intend to change things is fine, just might not be my personal taste. Don't know until I see how much is 'not intending to change too much' as well as the fact that 'for these particular events' implies the future may hold something different in store. So y'know. They did even state they'll be doing narrative events. So i'll go wait for those. (Y'know, past the two months.)

Them also literally mentioning they've only seen an opinion (presumably) of Kunai's type and yet i'm hearing similar from tons of people in-game and similar shenanigans from within the proclaimed event-feedback channel. (Which i'd imagine you'd know is me being incapable of sourcing that for the reason of once again, not being in the discord) It's a bit worrisome is all

Nothing more, nothing less. Just didn't add up. So my brain thought: "Me go inform, me go byebye." I just spoke what I had to, minimal plans of being constructive or even to have an argument since it was more for the sake of informing primarily. Not much more. 

Hell, I even asked a few people (insistently at times) how they felt about it. Whether naming them would be in good taste or not is beyond me. Since i'd hope they'd just go to Appo themselves or something if they really cared that much. Why didn't I? Probably since I don't know their Discord, nor care that much my own self. 

Bystander and no participation thus far and all that, y'know?

tl;dr

I don't know shit about forum etiquette, had minimal intentions to be too constructive and primarily just wanted to indicate that "Okay that's cool, but my thoughts so far is that this ain't looking good solely because a lotta people aren't hopeful/feeling too good after the first two displays but not everyone but an abnormal amount from what i've seen and that's more than enough for me to not want to get invested for now and after seeing how little people cared, if at all, once it was over and done with makes me think it's not worth the time for IC investment.

Thus, please prove me wrong.

Easy enough. There's not much more to say.

(07-27-2020, 12:47 AM)MakeshiftWalrus Wrote: Before this develops into an argument, please be considerate, and offer your constructive criticism if anything at all. We're still very early into this program, and there's going to be some flaws to iron out until everything runs smoothly.

Oh my. I was typing as you said that. But yes. Time yields all the answers and all that. So feel free to delete my post if it's much of an issue. I already said what I gotta say.

You haven't offered any input but voice the (negative) things others have already mentioned before you. While criticism should always be encouraged, I don't see how this could be viewed in any form as constructive, and, to me, looks much the opposite. You're effectively telling Apple you have very little hope for anything they do, even if you end it with a 'I hope it gets better'. It's quite frankly unacceptable. Apple has nothing to prove to you, they're trying to create fun for the game.

If you've got no intention to give real feedback, be it to Apple themselves, or to the actual thread's topic, please don't post at all. What you're doing, is kicking someone while they're down by being negative without merit.

That goes for everyone. As Jupiter mentioned, we're supposed to be a community, and we're all hopefully trying to do better. So please, show a bit of courtesy.
[-] The following 2 users Like MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Mr.SmileGod, Noxid
Rarely do I speak on the forums. But I come to you here with a purpose to reassure those posting that internally much of the critique offered by those who Participated and Witnessed the events has been taken into account. We will focus on balancing encounters to be more tenable for players not super interested in forging powerful builds. Will be enacted so that players can participate and contribute.

None of us in the Event Staff are perfect, however we are striving to be a cut above.

However I can assure you that:

- Mob Testing will be more vigorous in the planning stages.
- Scaling/Tiered encounters will be a thing in upcoming events.
- We will be working more cohesively to assist in the narration end of things. Timezones willing.
- We are open to HARDER/MECHANICALLY INTENSE events if the community so desires. (We will WARN people ahead of their intended difficulty.)

We are listening, supporting,and mashing skulls together to provide the community with an improved and more immersive experience. Things will improve, and we understand the standard we are held to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Balor's post:
  • Mewni
I shouldn't type this while I'm at 10% energy...
I honestly don't believe this thread should have existed this soon. It's been one month or around that since the event managers have been chosen. In any care, I want to believe they're still doing their limit tests; to understand how the mob works and how much they can do with their event commands. Sure, I get it, criticism is needed but from what I've read thus far, this is too much.

I'd like to say give them some more time before tackling them like this. As much as people want to assume a job like this is easy, it's far from it. It's even harder when you're forced to put everyone into consideration. The pure RPers/IC builds and the hardcore pvp/pve builds.

Make it too easy and the pvp/pvers will get bored, make it too hard and the Pure RPers/IC builds won't have anything else to do.

So my only pointer to the EMs is to keep up the work. SL2 hasn't had this much event back to back since the battle against the massive eyeball. You will come across some people pointlessly bashing non-sense but my suggestion for that, remind them that you are still human.

As for the event situations? I don't know, it's still too soon to say anything. I don't think it been like 5 non-social events since the set got chosen. I would say is something you'll learn via experience or figure out after messing with your tools enough. I'm sure you're still searching for the sweet spot for the events. Just keep at it, you'll find it soon enough.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
To be fair, the topic of the thread has steered pretty heavily to the left out of random. It was originally to give a simple suggestion because of a lack of personal options of reaching the eventmins, have them see it, and that be the end of it. I agree it's too early to be passing heavy-handed judgements.

Honestly, I'd ask that the thread be locked or something. I intended to pass along an idea, not make a platform for a full on slam of the eventmin.
[Image: unknown.png]