Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion
I think it was stressed enough the fact that those specific events being hard for the sake of being hard are not palatable for the populace. We want something that will aid us in making our own RP, not to be spoonfed hard mobs and stress during fights. I honestly didn't like one bit how poorly planned those were, and also the mindset that "Hard mobs are fun mobs."

Nah.

Next time, try making events that are intently underwhelming, then adjust from ground up, not from sky down. I personally hate being a LV1 Adventurer stuffed into an event where the enemy mobs are like fighting the Demon Lord LV99.

And don't get me started over the inconsistency of mobs-to-IC. Where the hell do their strength come from? Why can't players do the same or even be comparable? Why are CORPSES stronger than your seasoned, LV60 Adventurer again in terms of sheer martial mastery? Why are the screech of MuTaTeD insects and scorpions shitting out fire for 400 damage over round more crippling than fighting an army of Spatials?

Take it easy on the following ones. Be pessimistic. Don't go for big. Go for -simple-. Simple is always reliable and effective. Simple even opens room for the players themselves make their own narratives, so you don't need to take all the weight on your shoulders. In the end, that's what eventmins are for.

Making people smile and feel accomplished that they did a thing IC.

Having to ALWAYS be super-meta-well-prepared in those events is just stressing, demotivating and honestly, a kick in the community's dicks. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk, and next time I expect better. You can do it. All you need is open your eyes and ears to what people have to say, and play around it. Not at what you think it's cool.

Oh yeah, this is for all eventmins. But some are probably already aware of what I mean, others aren't. Eyes open, friends.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion - by Snake - 07-25-2020, 08:46 PM