Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion
Well, first time I wrote this I managed to accidentally post it far from complete... so whoops on that part, slip of the finger, writing on mobile. Deleted that now but must be awkward if anyone else caught it in that time.

Don't want to make it seem like I'm ignoring concerns, so I'll reply here saying that while there was a good chunk of negative feedback, it was that. Feedback - ways to make it better, and not a straight up sign that this type of event wasn't going to sail. Some people wanted events with more narrative, which is why I have been saying so often that those will come - and that people need patience on that.

Feedback I got was a lot of the time centered on the difficulty of the mobs, and how they, of course, needed to be balanced better, and I will not dispute that they did. Something I'll have to do for the next event like this, that much is sure. Another thing was the lack of RP in the event, and just the mobs. Suggestions were taken on board for that and I'm going to see if I can get some field medic RP integrated into swarms, and with all going well with mobs I'll be free up to make more narrates instead of having to fix them.

The first event, I admit, was very lackluster as an event. It was a first event so I obviously didn't want to get too ambitious, and it was essentially an opportunity for me to make sure I'd learned the tools right and ensure I could, well... run an event relatively smoothly. In that aspect, it succeeded, and it also gave players something to do.

Admittedly, thanks to the scope of the events the amount of talking point for them isn't grand for most, but people have reacted, and heck even the Chataran event had a brief mention of the swarm within. The timing of both events really made for some great flow, tbh.

If there was any more said elsewhere, I must make one thing clear: i cannot act on feedback I don't see. I'm not superhuman and you can't expect me to know what you think if it's posted off in some faraway server I don't exist in. So in that vein, it's certainly not constructive for anyone.

If you want to be proven wrong on your thoughts and opinions, that's fine - but I honestly did not find it at all constructive for someone who came to neither of the events to reiterate things I've already heard in a way that feels like it was just meant to be anything but helpful, considering any points made have been said in more helpful ways. If you want to see things get better, then help me do so with feedback I can take on board.

...but I'm afraid I can't really humor concerns of "Well I've heard it was pretty bad", because what you've heard may not always translate well, and because that's not telling me anything that helps me.

That's all I can say. Hope something strikes your fancy in future and makes you less negative about things, but it's okay if it doesn't.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion - by WaifuApple - 07-27-2020, 01:10 AM