Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion
(07-27-2020, 01:01 AM)HexGirlBestGirl Wrote:
Don't worry. I'm well aware of all of this. I did just so happen to say most avenues. More implying that the scope is indeed limited to only what I can see. No reason to go around that.

Is it all second-hand information? Of course. My point was primarily to get across not much more than "I have heard mostly negative aspects and this translates the same often into the IC related aspects when I, me, myself, see it mentioned."

My bias is more or less "Man, off to a rough start. That sucks. I'll consider hopping in when I feel it's better." alongside "A lotta people are talking some shit. While optimism is good, better at least indicate as such." Or for better words.

"Quite a few people??? Man, how the fuck am I missing all the praise barring not being in the SL2 Discord? No way people are so overly negative, right guys?" Granted, y'know. I don't care much to undermine them was more my point. Hell, if it was a personal attack, i'd just say so. I'm just saying that most public events that i've been aware of, i've been able to see an even blend of positvity and negativity alike or more memorable happenings to it. But neither side is overly overwhelming.

Yet it seems almost depressingly negative. I'd love for the events to get better, sure. I know things take time. Go crazy in that regard. Likewise. To add onto this. 

I've an initial lack of faith in most everything until proven otherwise. After all, I hardly knew Appo or most of the others prior to them becoming...y'know. Eventmins. My main reason for speaking is nothing more than "abnormal levels of negativity is worrying" at the core. Likewise, despite all i've said, all the things I could've quoted, so on, so on. 

It's still rather easy to just go about fixing all the issues, getting some more structure, all that jazz and proving me wrong. Yeah? For all I know overall, even if we remove all the negative aspects i've been hearing about, it could be that Appo just ain't going for something I seek personally from events. After all.

Quote:WaifuApple Wrote: 
Quote:Quite a few people have enjoyed these events when the tweaks were finally gotten right and I don't intend to change things too much for these particular events. Expanding on areas that are lacking, and cutting down on things that went overdone, sure... but not completely changing it to please an opinion I've only seen so far from one person.

Not every event will be like this, though. Others on the team will be planning more narrative events, and I'll be planning some too... but the swarm is as simple as I'm going to make things myself. Just a group of challenging mobs that give people a reason to pay attention to a certain area for a little while, and give people something to talk about. That's all they are, even if things weren't perfect first time.
[url=https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthread.php?pid=38568#pid38568][/url]
Them saying they don't intend to change things is fine, just might not be my personal taste. Don't know until I see how much is 'not intending to change too much' as well as the fact that 'for these particular events' implies the future may hold something different in store. So y'know. They did even state they'll be doing narrative events. So i'll go wait for those. (Y'know, past the two months.)

Them also literally mentioning they've only seen an opinion (presumably) of Kunai's type and yet i'm hearing similar from tons of people in-game and similar shenanigans from within the proclaimed event-feedback channel. (Which i'd imagine you'd know is me being incapable of sourcing that for the reason of once again, not being in the discord) It's a bit worrisome is all

Nothing more, nothing less. Just didn't add up. So my brain thought: "Me go inform, me go byebye." I just spoke what I had to, minimal plans of being constructive or even to have an argument since it was more for the sake of informing primarily. Not much more. 

Hell, I even asked a few people (insistently at times) how they felt about it. Whether naming them would be in good taste or not is beyond me. Since i'd hope they'd just go to Appo themselves or something if they really cared that much. Why didn't I? Probably since I don't know their Discord, nor care that much my own self. 

Bystander and no participation thus far and all that, y'know?

tl;dr

I don't know shit about forum etiquette, had minimal intentions to be too constructive and primarily just wanted to indicate that "Okay that's cool, but my thoughts so far is that this ain't looking good solely because a lotta people aren't hopeful/feeling too good after the first two displays but not everyone but an abnormal amount from what i've seen and that's more than enough for me to not want to get invested for now and after seeing how little people cared, if at all, once it was over and done with makes me think it's not worth the time for IC investment.

Thus, please prove me wrong.

Easy enough. There's not much more to say.

(07-27-2020, 12:47 AM)MakeshiftWalrus Wrote: Before this develops into an argument, please be considerate, and offer your constructive criticism if anything at all. We're still very early into this program, and there's going to be some flaws to iron out until everything runs smoothly.

Oh my. I was typing as you said that. But yes. Time yields all the answers and all that. So feel free to delete my post if it's much of an issue. I already said what I gotta say.

You haven't offered any input but voice the (negative) things others have already mentioned before you. While criticism should always be encouraged, I don't see how this could be viewed in any form as constructive, and, to me, looks much the opposite. You're effectively telling Apple you have very little hope for anything they do, even if you end it with a 'I hope it gets better'. It's quite frankly unacceptable. Apple has nothing to prove to you, they're trying to create fun for the game.

If you've got no intention to give real feedback, be it to Apple themselves, or to the actual thread's topic, please don't post at all. What you're doing, is kicking someone while they're down by being negative without merit.

That goes for everyone. As Jupiter mentioned, we're supposed to be a community, and we're all hopefully trying to do better. So please, show a bit of courtesy.
[-] The following 2 users Like MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Mr.SmileGod, Noxid

Messages In This Thread
RE: [FOR EVENTMIN] Difficulty Suggestion - by MakeshiftWalrus - 07-27-2020, 01:49 AM