Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Racial Changes Suggestion Thread
In spite to the recent changes for races, I'm opening this forum so people can discuss their own ideas for racial changes, so we can get what needs to be changed all together into a single place that can be taken as a reference for Dev to implement on his own leisure.

Please keep in mind that this is not a discussion thread, post your ideas and be on your way. You can also take someone else's idea and put it on the way you'd like instead.

Either way... From what I've been hearing around, the races that could also welcome changes, be it on their Racials or gaining new Traits are the following:

Zeran

Crown of Heaven

[*]Armor and Magic Armor from Crown of Heaven should be changed to flat damage reduction to all damage (5 + 1 per 8 SAN) against enemies who are being intimidated by your passive. 

The LV of Crown of Heaven is then increased by 5 per mental status effects you inflicted on the enemy. (Fear, Hesitation, Charm, Confusion, Clumsy?, etc.)

Being hit from behind should make the enemy's impatience lower their Critical together with Hit.

Trait: Ram
Should also inflict Fear in a 100% chance, if your HP% is higher or equal than theirs. Otherwise a status infliction chance.

New Trait: Horn of Hell
Only one can be chosen, Heaven or Hell
Further increases damage by 150% of Scaled SAN. Knocks back by 2 more tiles and then knocks down. If the target slams into an enemy, both are inflicted with Clumsy. 3 Round CD.

[*]

Reaper and Appertaurus

Macabre Culture
Should grant 10 Elemental ATK per equipment piece.

Reaper's Affinity/Appertaurus' Affinity
Changed to 3 Scaled SAN per 1* rarity. (10* rarity weapons cannot be used).

New Trait: Soul Reaper
Reduces damage by 10%. Scoring Critical Hits against enemies who are Possessed by spirits have a SAN-based chance to release one of their spirits, and recover your HP/FP by 15%. Furthermore, there is a 10% + (Scaled SAN)% chance that basic attacks will instantly kill Undead-type enemies.

[*]Omina

New Trait: Inconspicuous Unluck
Removes the visual effects of Fortune Vacuum

New Trait: Path of the Black Cat
Only one can be chosen
If an enemy is looking at you once Fortune Vacuum is applied, the Luck drained in that round will ignore the SAN-based cap, further increasing the Unluck LV.

New Trait: Path of the Dark Crow
Only one can be chosen
Once per enemy, Critical Hits against enemies will apply Omina's Curse on the enemy automatically. Critical Hits while Airborne will also have a chance to inflict Knockdown on the enemy.

New Trait: Fox Hater
Enemy Redtails affected by Fortune Vacuum will never roll their dices higher than 3, as long as your Luck (+ Unluck LV) is higher than theirs.

[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
i just want a wild elf tribe related to fist weapons tbh
Both of these have already been suggested elsewhere, but in light of the fact that there's changes in the making for Papilion, I'd like to get them into the spotlight before it's too late. Disclaimer that these aren't all my ideas, but I'm too lazy to figure out who came up with them. I'm also aware this is in the suggestions section, but there isn't another suitable active thread available, so I'm posting here. Sorry.

Invite Insanity: Make them into objects like gravestones, please, for the love of all that's holy. There are SOOOO many ways for the ENEMY to benefit from a Papilion placing a butterfly. I had a decent list of examples, and that only scratched the surface. As it stands, even with a fix to initiative for them, it's too easy to use them to your benefit if the enemy summons them. Making them an on-round-start, small AoE battle field object would remedy this completely.

Aposemagika: I feel like a complete rework is in order. The current change that's pending is just tacking on yet another effect to the spell, for a total of 4 lacklustre effects, none of which being worth a 9M invocation for. 24 inflict in particular isn't very useful unless you have very low inflict on the target to begin with, as opposed to just spamming the infliction chance 3 times. There are so many options for what the change could be, but it's important that the effects be worth spending 9M with a chance of losing it entirely. Confusion is constantly brought up as an effect, and I agree-- it's the most fitting thing for an Illusion-based invocation, to apply confusion.

So my idea for it is something along the lines of, Map-wide infliction chance for confusion for 6 (-1 per 6 scaled san) rounds, spawning 1 illusion a round. And when active, make all illusions look like the Papilion (and have the same examination page). Add a toggle that, when active, switches the Papilion with a random illusion on round start, similar to Spellthief shades. This is a pretty strong effect, so it should start probably around a 4 round duration, and maybe limit it to 3 illusions a turn being made into the 'mimic' ones you switch places with.

The main reason I feel it should get a strong effect like this is because people often forget that invocations A) can be stopped, and B) cost 9M that could easily be used to do 450 damage instead. Other invocations have things like 50% damage boosts, 900 damage attacks, shutdowns to movement or basics, the list goes on.
[Image: unknown.png]