Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icicle Spear Range too much?
Sooooo I don't normally do these threads but hee ho, as it stands Icicle spears range when used with Ice point guard makes it a map length attack which I feel is a little much compared to most other skills in the game that uses a similar targeting. So I'm here to basically just to give some suggestions for it to make a little less painful to fight at range.

As it stands with Ice Points the range is around 5 to 6 tiles with the base being likely less.

Now my main issue with this range is basically it, in my opinion, invalidates those that fight at range like rangers. A player isn't really safe at any edge of the map. So here's my suggestion in terms of it:

Give Icicle Spear a set max range with IPG of maybe 6/7 so that people have a fair chance of dealing with it.

OR

Make it so that when hit from a far range, frozen isn't applied or the level of frozen inflicted is less based on the distance travelled.

As I've said I don't really do these things but I'm open to other people's suggestions and opinions on Icicle spears interaction with IPG.

I mean seriously who wants to be sniped for half their health from across the map?
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
You can just have it work like un-empowered Icicle spear when cast from an ice point and have it travel across ice tiles for free to keep it line with what it used to do probably
I'm for either or. But personally, I just have an issue with the Frozen. I can mitigate the damage easily enough, but I can't mitigate getting frozen from so far away and that being the sole reason I get fucked over in a fight.

So i'm leaning towards preferring the latter suggestion and just not making it inflict frozen past X amount of tiles that it passes. If I get hurt painfully by the damage, that's either my fault for getting Winter's Bited (which is usually avoidable if you're a more Range Oriented Class) or my fault for not building to prevent magical ice damage.

So yeah. It can keep its range for all I care, but pls no freezy my lacky of defense warrior who can't run away and ez pz get killed for minimal investment because i'm a sitting duck. Although, seems more like a matchup kind of deal so.

Can't say I mind it on most any other kind of playstyle or build I have personally.
The frozen effect is exclusive to a 6m cost, and there's still frozen immunity, mini-sun, cleanse pot and various other methods of getting rid of it, the Frozen is also lvl 125 which is a relatively normal amount that will be chewed through very quickly.

The Frozen is ideally not as busted when Icicle Spear isn't global, if you want my opinion on that, because then you lack the opportunities to inflict it in the first place if the enemy isn't just in a straight shot of some ice tiles.
I can get behind frozen only being applied within 5 range or so. Sort of like old Wretched Oil when it was map-wide, poison only had a chance to be inflicted within a certain range.

Another idea is that it can get matador's Retaliation drawback. The more tiles it travels, the less damage it will do.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Akame's post:
  • K Peculier