Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(No) Pressure Fletch
Pressure Fletch's annorum effect is underwhelming.  Three buffs removed, at the cost of a total of six momentum and a crucial resource to ranger- a resource that could be used for a map-wide damage and heal.

I don't think pressure fletch needs any massive buffs or reworks, just a little nudge to bring it more in line.  Five buffs dispelled on Annorum Pressure Fletch sounds about right, I think?
I personally think that as it is is fine. Keep in mind that Pressure Fletch is a spell, an auto-hit. The only other nullifying skill is the overcharge/charged effect of Magic Gunner, and that requires a basic hit check. There's already a thread up about Null Shell, so I think adding Pressure Fletch to this, would make it a little too much.
Mostly what's been complained about re: null shell is its accessibility in combination with the much, much higher dispel strength compared to other examples, like Ranger's pressure fletch. I'd argue because it's a spell, because it's an autohit, it's less accessible- Especially since Annorum is an even more precious resource than Overcharge. Not to mention, with Magic Gunner's Focused Mind skill, it tends to not have to worry about hitting once it has a shot charged.

I don't personally see Pressure Fletch used much, which is why I'd like to see this change.
Pressure Fletch primarily isn't used due to the fact that it's a pocket tool people keep on reserve. I can name quite a few Rangers who carry 1 level in it just incase. The same as they do Sonic Arrow.

Often, with good FP Management and what not, I don't think many often need to use or don't feel that they can justify it outside of team fights. But I see it used often where I don't expect people to have it/it's very good to use it.

So I don't know about this one, my man. It's the same as Death Gaze currently is. Used when it has to be and otherwise kept in reserve. The mere presence of it is pretty scary in quite a few scenarios.

Also, remember that it's easier to evade stack than hit stack overall currently. Not to mention that if one isn't using multi-shots, Adon Graxis or Fumble can overall easily reduce the lack of evade stack builds/classes ability to outdo said hit stacking semi-null and redundant.

No pun intended.

tl;dr I see no reason for this to get a buff right now.
Hmm. I can see the argument there. Having it as a threat is enough of something on its own- since it prevents enemies from going for certain options. And you're definitely not wrong about rangers keeping it as a pocket tool, just that it rarely actually gets used.

I feel like more times than not it's just more optimal to go for other options instead of spending the 6 momentum, especially since filler buffs can take up the space. But it's not impossible to justify it, yeah.

Okay, thanks for the response! I'd still be fine if it did get a buff, I think, but I don't think it's in an immediate need for one. :thumbsup: