Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game
Peace is just boring to be roleplayed for over 5 to 6 IRL years. So, when will Zera be revived again?
Right, fine. I'll type more.
Alas, there's little for the little old me to add that has not been said but my own thoughts. I've enjoyed reading most of these arguments above and by the end of all I still can't decide on a more meaningful way to fix this. Alone, that is. Maybe the staff is too small. Maybe the game's interactivity is too limited. I say this comparing it to Space Station 13. The sheer amount of shit you can do there for absolutely no reason but 'I'm just doing my job dude.' is impressive. You can be a good person and pick up the trash. Destroy this trash at some incinerator or recycle it. You can You can eat whenever you want, openly. You can drink whenever you want, openly. You can get drunk if you down too many bottles of beer. You can get piss-poor sick and vomit in the open. You can play whatever songs you want with any instruments at disposition. You can write on papers. Roll a die. With those even play DnD ICly, for fuck's sake.

The level of immersion you get in such a game with poor aesthetics and horrible animations but great investment on how much you can tamper with the world around beyond 'heeho choppin trees, heehoo i fish some fish, heehoo I cook food that can only be used once per god-knows-how-long' is awful.

Being able to interact, modify, destroy or create in a world is what gives RP some semblance of oxygen. But the game currently puts a barrier on how much you can do with both IT and THE OTHER PLAYERS. Which feeds a more selfish mentality. If you can't afflict others, or the environment, you can only put up walls and defend yourself.
It's rough, buds. And there ain't even a way to hang in there but to step back from the game. Not until something makes it appealing to come back to again. Although I can firmly say that PvP updates won't be it to make everyone happy. They're like small shots of anti-depressants that makes you hyper for a few moments before the big sad reminds you that nothing really changed and you were just under the effects of an induced happiness.

That, or well, Eventmins take some examples out of what JupiterStorm is doing with Bracken Moor 2. But shhh... I never said anything about this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Akame, Shujin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion on the current state of SL2 as a RP game - by Snake - 09-30-2020, 11:33 PM