Poll: Have you found Aposemagika's active side to be useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I've used it and found its effects worthwhile.
20.00%
1 20.00%
Yes, but only in very specific circumstances. (Only in PvE, etc.)
20.00%
1 20.00%
No. I don't use the active side of the skill, or when I did, I regretted doing so.
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Aposemagika 3 - Electric Beagle-ee
Please read through the full post before voting. Thank you.
Alright. I did as I promised-- I gave it some time, I looked at the results. Now it's time to look over things, and for me to give my feedback. I know you're probably sick of it already Dev, but this must be done. This fight has become my passion.

Aposemagika was changed roughly 2 months ago, adding an 'Aposemagika Field' effect that gave a buff up to 20 inflict and the ability to use Aposemagika with only 3M instead of it being an invocation. Here's the issue:

What I and a few others were asking for was a buff to Aposemagika. What we got was not that, but rather a new passive-- this passive was tied to Aposemagika and called an Aposemagika buff. The active side of the skill, however, remains useless.

Don't get me wrong. I positively love the field effect. It's a nice little buff with a neat stacking mechanic and a cool look. But the reason for it being added in the first place was not fixed, in my opinion. The vote above will let me know if others share in this opinion, but I'll get more into that at the bottom of this post. (Assuming there are enough Papilion players to make votes in the first place. Fingers crossed.)

"The Papilion creates a cocoon of focus around themself while Invoking. Once cast, increases the Power of your Spells by LV (LV = 6+1 per 10 Character Levels), and can inflict a variety of status effects against melee attackers. This lasts for 6 rounds. Aposemagika field LV20 lets you cast this skill without an invocation, but it gains an 8 round cooldown."  (An important note is that a 'variety of statuses' means whatever statuses your butterflies normally inflict. Also true if you've taken a 'Mirage' trait that limits this to a single status. As far as I know, this only applies to basic attacks.)

The problems I have with the way this goes are as follows:
    - The skill is not worth an invocation in any shape or form. It simply is not. It has massive RP potential, but no mechanical potential.
    - In smaller fights, the battle will be over before you can even have a chance to reach Aposemagika Field LV20 in my experience.
    - In the rare cases that you do manage, by spamming statuses or butterflies, or both, it still isn't very worthwhile at 3M.
    - Most importantly, in my opinion, making it a 3M skill takes away from its identity. It should be an invocation, not some piddlywink thing you toss out because it's convenient. I cannot stress this enough-- I would rather the only change be that Aposemagika Field Lv20 not reduce it to 3M, than to leave it as it is.

A number of suggestions as to what the new active could be have been tossed around, so I won't throw them in here for the 3rd time. I will, however, suggest that instead of a number of small effects, the skill should be one large effect worthy of casting an invocation for.

As for the poll above:
I ask the following to get more factual results, rather than opinion-based ones:
   - Please don't vote yes if you only THINK you would use the skill. Only if, in practice, you've found it worthwhile before to actually use the skill. Same goes for if you THINK you would NOT use it.
   - Please don't vote if, for whatever reason, you DO NOT use your racials. Mostly for people that hide their race ICly and the like.
Any opinions can be shared below, of course. Not that I can stop you from doing whatever you want, anyway.
[Image: unknown.png]