Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[Application] Karaten Guard Commander
Applicable BYOND Key - Sparambe
Character Name - Francis Laurence (Karatynn-born Wyverntouched)
Request Type - Character Creation 

Request Details - 

-Author and play the Karaten Guard commander. Who as a veteran detective for The Agency in the past has moved a leadership role within the guard force and structures it similarly to the Agency.

-Concept and write lore tidbits exclusive to the Karaten guard force, including but not limited to its name, devices and specialized units.

-Distribute orders and roles to those within the Karaten guard force from the confines of the SL2 Guard Server's discord.  

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - This is a topic I have been discussing with Chaos for some time and have been attempting to take position of, I was referred to the official applications now that they are here.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - My character will be a past veteran investigator for the Agency, having moved over and worked his way up through the ranks of the guard force in Karaten, his instatement will be immediate if the request is approved and he will be working on molding it after the Agency, the guard force shall be named to Karaten's Special Task Force and be focused on detective work given Karaten's much more magical and modern state than other countries. 

I wish to maintain a mindful presence as a leader of a guard force, being active enough to have a considerable presence but distant enough to not overshadow my character's subordinate's work.

The Karaten Task Force has a multitude of tools at their use for dealing with rogue mages and the like, one particular tool I would like to propose is this one:

Quote:Lich Containment Unit
"The Box"

Developed from an anti-magic wood-like substance found in the Mechana forest is a wide box roughly measuring a foot across. It is accessorized with many chains which are resistant to magic, as well as an unconventional lock, though this lock is not active at first. The purpose of this device is to store away a living soul within it, though it is not capable of tearing them away from a humanoid form or storing it in the first place.

The way it achieves this is by casting them off into an inescapable plane between the void and reality permanently. This portal is constructed meticulousy for months before it is prepared, making production of the Lich Containment Unit very slow and very valuable, for this reason the Karatynn guard force is very picky about who can keep a lich once it has been contained. A storage facility is located within their fort, at a secure underground level, where each of these boxes are stored.

It is possible for a lich to escape if the box were to be opened, though the lock on the unit requires a certain magical signature of those permitted to touch them. There is likely a way to break open the lock as well by a dedicated enough magician.

To actually capture said lich in the box is not so easy, it requires setting the box down into a sturdy position and tugging at the lich's very being by locking onto their focus signature, which requires a mage to be close enough to recognize it in the first place, given this arduous task it is often enough a necessary condition to have the lich be incapacitated somehow or have them restrained by another unit.

This would effectively be a permanent solution to a rogue Lich and it would be treated in the same way as execution might, it would be governed over solely by GM decisions in the guard chat and require multiple very severe offenses before it is considered.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Aqua, Blissey
Karaten Guard Commander: This is fine.

"The Box": This, on the other hand, sounds like an extremely roundabout method when Karaten's preferred response to troublesome Liches is to just teleport them directly into the Void, which bypasses any sort of Phylactery nonsense. 

I also find the idea of a 'inescapable plane between Void and reality' to be dubious. Additionally, even if such a plane existed, I would have to question if the forerunners on portals and teleportation, the Majistras, would put in effort for this contraption compared to 'toss them into the plane of oblivion and call it a day'.

As it stands, this idea needs some more clarification-- namely on why this would be used instead of 'toss 'em into the Void'.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye