Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Racial Skills and skill slots
It feels really bad to have racial abilities but have to spend skill slots just to use them. Some class combos are very strapped for skill slots, so you have to choose between using your racials are using good abilities from classes. 9/10 racials get put to the wayside. This feels especially bad when races more focused on passives get "full access" to what their race has to offer because they don't have active abilities that require skill slots so this is a non issue for them. For these reasons, racial skills not costing slots would be a positive change.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Perdition's post:
  • Senna
So far the only Race that struggles with those are Wyverntouched and Dullahan, due to their limited skill pools and niche. streamlined class picks due to their base stats.

It's not a bad suggestion and I'd be behind that. Kind of makes it fair to make them match with stuff like Glykin, whose racials are solely passives.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd say Lupine is also really limited in that regard. Even something like retract claws, costs a skill slot, then there is their even worse racial War Cry.

All cyincal jokes aside, I think racials, that come with character creation at least, should be free. (meaning those bought with traits might still cost a spot, though I am relatively indifferent towards it.) I do not really feel that a Vampire for example should suddenly forget how to Banquet, Silvermist or use his vampire powers, when cornered in a real fight, just because they didn't swap out some essentials of their kit for the slight of chance that they might need it and give away their little secret (even though most are openly admitting to be vamps, shame on thee).
Oh yeah Lupine too. I tend to forget weak races, oops-
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]