Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peter Boon - Application for character gimmick
Applicable BYOND Key - Lalchi

Character Name - Peter Boon (Basic Soldier)

Request Type - Character gimmick 

Request Details - 

Hello,

That idea came to my mind wich I want to give a try as it seems fun.
The idea would be to play the classic NPC village guard who get killed by black beast while trying to defend the city or any other reasons.
This mean that it is character made and meant to just die a horrible, peacefull or stupid death.
A little like the red shirt of star trek. But in Sigrogana.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - 

I mostly made that application to get approval on two thing since by thinking about it, i thought maybe i should get approval (sorry if that wasn't necessarily :

1 - Because it is meant to be a character who just ALWAYS die. It would be boring to delete him everytime to create a new character behind. So am asking if that would be ok and enough if i just change his allias, picture, descritption, etc... To make sure other understand that it is a different character than the previous who died.

2 - he's a city guard. Who will die but it is still a city guard regardless. And so part of an etablished group. I don't wish to handicap players however, obviously, so i thought of just being that guard who watches and don't work outside of cities. (Basically, i don't wish to take the role of a player on guards role who would be better than this character)

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

Black beast attacks are current.
And when black beast attack a city, i feel like it is normal the some guards present would try to defend the city as well. 
I also feel like it is normal that they die while doing so.
I want to be that guard who die trying his best.

I think while the idea is funny to me, it would also make great interaction with other player who may see that guard getting violently killed while fighting on his side AND put more immersion into the scene. (It is an attack of dangerous beast after all.)

Other notes and apologies -

I have apologies to make however.
Because the character has already been created despite the rules written.
I didn't had that gimmick on mind when creating that character.
Once i had, I've gone to the application rules to start my demand and then noticed that i shouldn't have made a city guard without approval either.
Oops.
I'm the only one to blame on that mistakes and hopefully this won't affect the application despite the rule asking to make it before creating the character.
It has not interacted with the world much. Basically just powerleveling a bit and then stand still on Cellvish square for hours without a word.
The death part of the character hasn't been done.

Thanks for your time
Have a great day/night
I think being a rank and file soldier is acceptable without the usual application in trying to be a Guard specifically. That said, just to be clear, this won't come with any real authority or crime fighting responsibilities, it'd literally just be someone stationed to help defend towns against attacks.

I'm reluctant to approve a factory line approach to a character though. Like generally speaking, if your character dies, you shouldn't be making them again but with a different name. This may be acceptable in like an event setting where the character is a one-off appearance... but it's not really a behavior I want to endorse.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slydria's post:
  • lalchi
(11-12-2020, 03:11 AM)Slydria Wrote: That said, just to be clear, this won't come with any real authority or crime fighting responsibilities, it'd literally just be someone stationed to help defend towns against attacks.

Yes, that's what i had in mind. Wasn't sure if it was authorized without application so I made sure to said it anyway.

Quote:I'm reluctant to approve a factory line approach to a character though. Like generally speaking, if your character dies, you shouldn't be making them again but with a different name. This may be acceptable in like an event setting where the character is a one-off appearance... but it's not really a behavior I want to endorse.

I understand the view on it. And kind of for that reason I'm making that application.

The joke behind the idea is how in a rpg game, all guards looks and behave the same despite being technically different people.

If the team is not at ease with that idea, i'll accept of course.
I could still play by the same idea but somehow still survive. (Basically just getting knocked out instead of killed)

thanks for the reply
Hello,

It has been over a week since my last reply.

This is my first application so I may not get how everything works.

I'm not sure if my application has been denied, since i would assume my thread would have been deleted if it was the case.
If i'm wrong, i'm terribly sorry.

My case already been explained on my previous posts, I don't have much else to add.

My main goal is not only to have a fun experience for myself but also offer an unique interaction for other for their pleasure as well. (However would it impact the player's character)
Oh, I thought it was a given, since it sounded like "if I can't do this, I'll do this instead."

I still don't approve of the original plan to have the character die, get replaced by a similar character, die again and rinse and repeat.

Quote:I could still play by the same idea but somehow still survive. (Basically just getting knocked out instead of killed)

If you want to do this instead, sure.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Thanks for your answer.

I was unsure so i prefered to be sure !

Big Grin