Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Magical Toolbox (tm)
A fast and silly suggestion. Could we get an item that allows us to place an obj on the ground then edit its icon? In more specifics...

- An item you buy from an NPC (probably in Karaten) that sells a specific usable item named (for now), 'Magical Toolbox'.
- You cannot have more than one of those. It cannot be traded. It may cost a hefty of Murai, like 25000 to 50000, with the option to pay in Asagos or Patrions too (For the people who don't wanna grind).

- On right click, it will have the following options/verbs:
> Change Object Icon
> Change Object Icon State
> Change Density
> Change Pixel X
> Change Pixel Y
> Deploy
> Withdraw

- On use, or 'deploy', an object will spawn under the owner's sprite, using the custom icon that can only go up to 250-500kbs (can be more or less, up to your discrepancy), under the settings of the owner.
- The object's presence lasts indefinitely, but it does not get 'saved', thus reboot may clean it, as well as procs that remove overworld objects from camps like campfires and etc. Naturally, 'withdraw' will delete it from anywhere.
- The density can be modified by other people (to prevent ye' ole' griff), by right clicking it.

The reason is to give players a way to present their things in the game overworld. So let's say... if someone is under a roleplay fight as an Engineer, they can put down their robots as a visual. Or if someone wants to sit on some couch anywhere else, they can just put said couch down and relax. Or even make a campfire anywhere they want. Or display monsters for small player-driven events.

And of course. If anyone abuses this, it can be taken away by GMs and said GMs could spawn another item into the abuser's inventory (Toolbox Fine?), which prevents them from buying this again on the specific character who is punished.

Tis all! I hope this is not hard to take in. I'm really looking forward to make my RPs more visual.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Snake's post:
  • Autumn, Jupiter_Storm, Miller
I had, prior, in the Donations Items thread, requested the availability of more 'Large' Mob Types for the Mask of the Night's Lord (i.e. Boss Sprites) - but something like this would be even better. Provided the size was not limited to just a single square.

The applications of this tool go beyond simple character flavour. Again, it would make a much-desired addition to the limited set of tools available for those who don't have the powers to spawn creatures but are invested in providing content without those powers. Please, add something like this.
[Image: House_Banner_PNG.png]