Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.34c] Skill Duping, but not really (Upgrade skill vs Equipped skill)
As Engineer, you can clone your skills by using Upgrade on yourself while you have them equipped.

The cloned version will always be Rank 1 for some reason on offensive skills. I did not test but in theory, this can also probably be used to ignore cooldowns on support skills, therefore:

'Upgrade' should not grant the upgrade version of the skill if the person already has the original skill equipped in their pool. Also be careful to not make it not grant the bonus statistics (SWA, Hit, Crit and Evade), since that's the second use of Upgrade in those cases.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Needs more details on how you tested the rank. The rank should be equal to your skill level of the original skill, or the target's skill level if it's higher.
The title was probably misleading (my bad-). I've taken more liberty to further test it, and there are no real exploits to this after I have tested.

Cooldowns are applied although rank is different between the both of them. The issue is that the skill is displayed twice in your skill bar once you upgrade yourself 'while' having Flamethrower equipped.

I.E:
[Image: unknown.png]

Then this:

When using either of these Flamethrowers, while buffed with the Upgrade, my damage dropped sharply to this:

Then when the Upgrade buff was gone, damage went back to normal:

Flamethrower in this instance was LV3, but the shift in damage makes it clear that while equipped with Flamethrower (Upgrade), its level will drop to LV1 or LV0.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]