Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting LV limitations need to be less tight
Took a while for any threads to be made unrelated to combat mechanics, but here it is! This one's a simple yet polemic subject. The new crafting had opened a lot of new opportunities for people to gain a better identity, but it came at a heavy cost. You no longer can specialize into a specific 'trading' (I.E, the crafter of weapon parts; the crafter of quality tools), all while there's one certain class that's pretty much the 'must have', which is Toolmaker. As most of those are well-spread between the 'great five' unlike before, this brings a problem to both IC and OOC, where solo crafters are unable to perfect up their weapons before selling, or even using. And blacksmiths won't be able to craft other parts or weapons that need more than just Metalwork.

There was an increase on material costs too, which made all way less generous, and also the addition of extra Murai costs. Overall, a knife to a crafter's back, while forcing the overall game economy to fucktouple all the prices of everything. But this transcends the deal. Some people say it's fine (the veterans/crafting maniacs), while others don't (the newbies/crafting casuals).

Alas, I'm here in the name of the casuals to ask but a mere thing that could help solo crafters to be able to craft a weapon and at the very least rinse it to mastercraft heights.
  • Could we be able to cap two Crafting classes, instead of only one and barely a half of another?
Yes, you're reading this right. Let us have two crafting classes at LV6, please. It will help a lot to reduce the need of being mister popular who's showered by friends. And it's kind of honestly a hassle to be bothering others to do things for you and abusing their goodwill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Snake's post:
  • Deja Vu, JamOfBoy, Noxid, Perdition
I think this would be something great as a reward for spending legend inks. On the topics of assisting people find a crafter when they have no friends. Perhaps a channel on the discord or a sub forum dedicated to offering crafting services?
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Or expand on crafting as a whole a bit to make masters of their craft more rewarding =P
(11-29-2020, 09:07 PM)Noxid Wrote: >> On the topics of assisting people find a crafter when they have no friends. Perhaps a channel on the discord or a sub forum dedicated to offering crafting services?

That's the reason why I believe crafting should be give you a slight more independence on others. Players (new players mostly) don't normally level crafters, so the amount will always be smaller, and having two masteries would be great an enable for it to stay like this, or encourage more people to have more than one specialty. Especially when grinding crafting is pretty intensive on your pockets.
At the current moment with how crafting classes are set up you can use 2 legend inks to have 1 crafting class at lv6 and 1 crafting class at lv4, or alternatively 2 crafting classes at lvl 5 instead, while I'm not opposed to a change on this matter, I do want to note that having lvl 5 in 2 crafting classes is currently possible, and having 6 in 2 is not an entirely far off possibility or quite required.
It's the fact that you can only specialize in one that makes it mean for me. I wish we could have both at six, which is the cap (Which was a typo that I didn't notice, oops-) so it would lower a bit the dependencies on other people. The LV6 recipes are way too 'essential' rather than a 'defining factor to show mastery of something', if I can be understood.