Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belmont Orello - F.E.E, Focusable Energy Emitter
Applicable BYOND Key - Magic Girl Kyro
Character Name - Belmont Orello
Request Type - Invention for personal use
Request Details - After I had a small talk with one of the GMs (Slydria) and looking over the lore about the technology present in the SL2 world, I wanted to request for my character to research and develop a mechanism/engine to convert pure focus into heat or labor energy and serve as a substitute to the mechanisms which work with Salamander Blood.

The engine itself would be made of alloys and sturdy materials resistant to heat and pressure, gears for the machinery inside and a catalyst to mold the focus which emits heat in reaction to it, having special slots for canisters filled with focus to be inserted in and power up this machinery for it to convert the focus to produce energy, it requires way more maintenance than engines powered on Salamander Blood, but it is a lot safer due to less risks of leakage and severe damage from them (considering Salamander Blood is literal lava).

There are several uses for such engines, one of them being to power up weaponry and be sort of a parody to the excel weapons which charge up slowly by draining the focus from the air or the user themselves, but a lot more efficient in that regard due to them accessing the container attached into the slot directly without any delay (think of it like energy blasters). Another use of the engines is to power up other machinery or lights akin to a generator.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I wanted to play around with the concept of focus and perhaps create a diverse way for technology to work and not depend on Salamander Blood since it wouldn't be able to be carried everywhere due to how dangerous it is or used in certain locations for perhaps lack of it within the area. Perhaps with time he'd be able to develop it to be more efficient and self sustainable in terms of focus for it to be used for the public, but that's something to be decided for the future in my opinion.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request: Belmont himself has resources for these researches for once in a while thanks to his family which is composed of Black Knights who bring murai from their mercenary and military career.

Lorewise considering that focus cartridges (bullets which gunners and mainly MG use) and blue potions giving proof that you can storage focus in special canisters it can make it a possibility. And then there are bots constructed by engineers being able to function on focus would imply that such machinery would perhaps function with the technology in SL2 with time.
[Image: Chivalry_Medallion.png]
Quote:Kyro: Heya, Slydria, sorry for disturbing you if I caught you at an inconvenient time, I was just confused on a thing and wanted to make sure.

Considering that focus cartridges are a thing, same for blue potions. I thought that there'd be such concept of focus capsules or vials which would be used for empowering certain armament, engine or armor to increase the effectiveness at a faster rate, akin to excel engines which suck the focus from the air but far more concentrated.

If this kind of concept isn't possible, would that mean that I'd have to apply for it in the forums with a character application for a human who would research into this and with time develop such kind of technology?

Quote:Slydria: Uhh, I'd say app for it if it isn't stated anywhere. I don't think there's a problem with the idea itself though but app anyway for clarity sake. Sorry if that's a bit inconvenient.

Quote:Kyro: Mhm, gotcha! Thanks for clarifications.

And that's why I asked since it isn't really stated anywhere. I just know focus can be used in engines from excel weaponry, then there's focus storage from the evidence of focus cartridges (MG bullets or guns in general) and blue potions.

Figured I'd just include the short conservation that was mentioned in the app.

As for the idea, I don't foresee a problem with it. It's essentially using focus in a way that's already done but with a few key differences. As long as there is a consideration to the pros (safer use) and drawbacks (requires high maintenance), I think this is fine to approve.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]