Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amelia D'Arc - Pseudo-Elemental Partial-Summon, Increased Healing
Applicable BYOND Key - AgentLilac
Character Name - Amelia D'Arc
Request Type - Special Character Ability (Pseudo-Elemental Partial-Summon, Increased Healing)
Request Details - The main intention behind the request I'm putting in is to make Amelia, my Priestess that I've had for a couple years now, have the ability to summon [arts pseudo-elementals themselves, and for a higher healing power.

Amelia is a devoted Mercalan Priestess, though she's not blinded from the fact that even Gods can make mistakes. She empathizes with the White Lady, believes that while She can do wrong, She makes up for her mistakes by giving Humanity the ability of choice. She's a decade or so past a hundred years of age, Amelia is. 

Pseudo-Elemental Request Details:

-Ability to summon a Part of a Pseudo-elemental's spirit, basically conjuring a mere fragment of the entire powerful being. As long as she has Focus to keep it afloat, it will stay with her.

-Ability to channel her own Focus through the spirit in order to bring out larger effects. Most of the time, this will be Phoenix, an attempt to heal even larger injuries.

-Moderate Resistance to Spiritual Possession, due to her constant work with spirits not even of the pseudo-elemental type, she has gained a strong enough willpower to better defend against even the stronger masses.

Increased Healing Details:

-Minor Regeneration Factor, as her elven legacy allows her to heal at an increased rate. For further explanation, she can heal small cuts in the matter of minutes. Large gashes would take a few hours or a day or so. Fractured bones take a few days, and broken bones take a couple of weeks instead of months.

-Regeneration of Minor Limbs and Appendages, like fingers or toes.

-Regeneration of Larger Organs, so long as a majority of that organ is left behind. This requires the healer be available within the first ten to twenty minutes, however.

-Reattaching amputated limbs with a greater success, though the window of time is still short, about a minute or two. Also, the limb has to stay fresh, not rotten or too mutilated.

-Larger healing radius to those around her due to a combination of Phoenix and Mercana.

-Ability to clear scarring through the use of Mercana. However, it's unlikely she'll do this unless given a good reason to do so.

-Greater healing and treatment of Void Poisoning. Stage Two is still not able to be cured, however she would be able to prolong someone's life a few years, maybe five at best, as long as the person being treated does not use the Void again, or comes into contact with it. This also requires a couple visits a week in order to help keep it sticking to the person. The Combination of Phoenix and Mercana helps ease the pains of those afflicted.

Her connection to Mercala and the Pseudo-Elements is strong, but if this connection wavers or breaks, her powers will weaken. Along with this, though she might be able to summon fragments of a pseudo-element, she has to have the Focus to do so. Her pool of magic is large, but not limitless. Due to this, she tends to only summon these spirits in times of need or in order to teach.

This will have no mechanical benefit.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) -

This character is over two years old now, and I made her in order to help stimulate the community with the teachings of Mercana. While not as faithful as some, she's certainly not a zealot. Not a High Priestess, she still works with Mavis and sees her as a peer rather than someone who she should look up to and try to mimic. She wishes to be able to guide others to lead their own choices, but allow also the idea of 'Good' ring in their mind.

Being over a century old, due to her being a Half-Elf (Elf Mechanically in Game, as she took the traits of her Elven Father more than her Human Mother), she has studied and done her best to understand how everything she uses works.

The Pseudo-Elementals are not well implemented in terms of lore, as well. I would like to begin to get more information on them, and have a more creative use for them as well.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -

When Amelia was born, she was born to a humble noble family in Lordwain. They ran an orphanage and a school, which she attended. Though she had to share her parents with several other children, it was never something that bothered her. At a young age, she began to learn about Mercala- learn about magic. Her natural aptitude towards the Arcane Arts was something to be noted.

Her humble upbringing was likely the reason that she isn't a blind zealot. Though she loved Mercala, saw her as a Savior, she knew that people weren't perfect- and Gods were people. They might be Divine, but even Zera, even Mercala could make mistakes. Ryart, after all, was a man at one point, was he not? Because of this, her path diverged between the Pseudo-Elementals and Mercana.

Becoming a Lantern Bearer at the age of sixteen, she began to look into Spiritualism, the idea of communicating with those that are not of this world, or don't fundamentally belong. Everyone was a friend to her, and she hasn't ever seen someone that she hates. She was not a perfect person, however. She cannot claim to have a lack of sin.

She was jealous of those that had a stronger body than her. Those that were able to handle magic better than she. Even despite this, it only made her work harder. Through studies with other Priests and Priestesses, as well as other Mages, she's come to reach a breakthrough. Even with this, she will continue to work as hard as she can.

Notes -

As always, I am willing to negotiate and talk over what can or can't be done! I know it's been only ABOUT a month since my last Character application, but I've had this in the works for awhile ever since I was inspired by other applications. I just now got around to making it. Thanks for reading!
Okay, I'll just go through and give my thoughts on this:

Quote:Ability to summon a Part of a Pseudo-elemental's spirit, basically conjuring a mere fragment of the entire powerful being. As long as she has Focus to keep it afloat, it will stay with her.

Ability to channel her own Focus through the spirit in order to bring out larger effects. Most of the time, this will be Phoenix, an attempt to heal even larger injuries.

I don't know if it's possible to call forth psuedo-elementals, like you might summon a Youkai or if the Lantern Bearer's way is the only way to manifest them. I don't feel comfortable approving such without more knowledge on them in particular.

Quote:Moderate Resistance to Spiritual Possession, due to her constant work with spirits not even of the pseudo-elemental type, she has gained a strong enough willpower to better defend against even the stronger masses.

Okay.

Quote:Minor Regeneration Factor, as her elven legacy allows her to heal at an increased rate. For further explanation, she can heal small cuts in the matter of minutes. Large gashes would take a few hours or a day or so. Fractured bones take a few days, and broken bones take a couple of weeks instead of months.

Could I get further explanation for the justification behind this? I don't think simply being an Elf would necessarily mean having innate regeneration like a Glykin would, for instance.

Quote:Regeneration of Minor Limbs and Appendages, like fingers or toes.

Assuming this isn't also part of the above, sure.

Quote:Regeneration of Larger Organs, so long as a majority of that organ is left behind. This requires the healer be available within the first ten to twenty minutes, however

Okay.

Quote:Reattaching amputated limbs with a greater success, though the window of time is still short, about a minute or two. Also, the limb has to stay fresh, not rotten or too mutilated.

... Sure? I don't think the reattachment time would be that short to begin with. I imagine you could safely reattach a limb for a few hours. It's usually only a big issue if the limb is too far gone. (i.e. too damaged or too much rot has set in.)

Quote:Larger healing radius to those around her due to a combination of Phoenix and Mercana.

I'm not sure how much larger you're talking here, but that's probably fine.

Quote:Ability to clear scarring through the use of Mercana. However, it's unlikely she'll do this unless given a good reason to do so.

Sure, but as a caveat, if you do end up trying to heal scarring and the other player doesn't want their scars healed, please respect that.

Quote:Greater healing and treatment of Void Poisoning. Stage Two is still not able to be cured, however she would be able to prolong someone's life a few years, maybe five at best, as long as the person being treated does not use the Void again, or comes into contact with it. This also requires a couple visits a week in order to help keep it sticking to the person. The Combination of Phoenix and Mercana helps ease the pains of those afflicted.

Okay.

I'll be saying outright no to the first two points until we know more about psuedo-elementals. Feel free to elaborate on the other stuff though.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I managed to ask Dev himself on what Pseudoelementals were and if we could summon them! Here's what was said.

[Image: unknown.png]

So in this sense, I would like to be able to summon projections of these 'Pseudoelementals' along with just being able to summon them altogether in a spiritual form. Turns out that you can draw them in with your lantern's light, so that works fine. Projecting their beings would be able to let others see them and just how they operate to an extent.

Conversation with them would likely be a no go, but they're basically spirits of sorts that feed off of Focus like a spell would. 

Onto the rest!

>>>>Minor Regeneration Factor, as her elven legacy allows her to heal at an increased rate. For further explanation, she can heal small cuts in the matter of minutes. Large gashes would take a few hours or a day or so. Fractured bones take a few days, and broken bones take a couple of weeks instead of months.

>>>Could I get further explanation for the justification behind this? I don't think simply being an Elf would necessarily mean having innate regeneration like a Glykin would, for instance.

ANSWER: This was based on Blissey's Mavis character, but the best I can explain is that she has her light attract Phoenix naturally. It causes her to regenerate faster than normal, but also sort of lets off a gentle 'calming' effect that eases pain. This originally was from something else, I can't figure out what- but that's what I can explain for.

A lot of stuff I put in was based off of what Blissey put. I'm trying my best not to copy off of her, but I thought that would be best to use as a drop off point.

Quote: Wrote:Larger healing radius to those around her due to a combination of Phoenix and Mercana.

>>>>I'm not sure how much larger you're talking here, but that's probably fine.

ANSWER: The size would be about 20 Squares worth (100 Feet if going by D&D Terms). However, the healing range would taper off near the edges and likely not be as strong. Those in the center would certainly feel a lot of energy and rejuvenation, though.

If anything else is needed just tell me!
Psuedo-elemental Stuff:
Ah, well, in that case since Dev has given that as an explanation, I'm fine with allowing the creation of said projections.

Regeneration Factor:
Alright, if it's drawing on Phoenix's residual power, then that's fine.

Larger Healing Radius:
Yeah, I'm okay with that then.

Consider this approved.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]