Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather effects
With the addition of a new weather from the upcoming Aquamancer class I think it's time our existing weathers be addressed from Coastal Squall and Desert Wind. Currently these weathers are underwhelming, especially being tied to 10 stars, but that part is just my opinion. The main thing I want to suggest is these weathers not negatively impacting the user/allies. Currently when you proc the weathers, you also suffer the consequences which seems very backwards.
This seems like a thread solely leaning towards Coastal Squall in it's desires, with that in mind. Seriously, does sandstorm do anything beyond the 24 damage per turn that I'm missing? Such a change would end up only relevant for the hurricane.

I think if you want to make things less underwhelming, more is needed for the sandstorm entirely.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I had these in mind for an idea once, I think I'll jot them down in this thread (Minus some of the rain one given we're getting Rainstorm now)

Rain - Commences if it is raining in the area that you request a fight in.
-Forest Dungeons now have a chance of any floor generating with rain.
-Gumshoes prevent the effects of Muddy

Sandstorm - Commences if there is a sandstorm ongoing in the area you request a fight in.
-All units suffer -25 Hit during a sandstorm. (If the sandstorm is neutral, all units are affected.)
-"Sunglasses" accessory prevents this effect from happening.
-Desert dungeons now have a chance of any floor generating with a sandstorm.

Snowing - Commences if it is snowing in the area you request a fight in.
-All units gain the chilled debuff, which reduces movement by 2 and ice resistance by 10%.
-"Scarf" accessory prevents this effect from happening
-Ice Caverns now have a chance of any floor generating with snow.

Hurricane -
-"Sylph Cloak" accessory prevents the effects of hurricane from happening.

I would assume that "Umbrella" could be used for Rainstorm as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Akame, Lewdcifer
Those are definitely cool ideas. In regard to Appo I actually don’t know if sandstorm does more than the chip damage, but I do know that Hurricane negatively impacts hit and also moves the user around. The main idea I’m trying to convey is I don’t think an effect that you personally activate, especially from your 10 star, should be negatively affecting you also. I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

Buffing the actual effects comes secondary to that.