Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai's dungeon FP issues
At the moment, Youkai don't recover FP after combat ends. This includes Guardian Spirits and such, making them pretty much unusable for their special magic once their FP hits zero during a dungeon run.

Can all Youkai recover all of their FP once combat ends or something? Or have them recover FP that you spend to maintain them on every round tick? Or both! It's quite annoying to do BDPs with something reliable-but-only-for-two-or-three-fights.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Lewdcifer
I'm gonna be -that guy- here and say that we have a fp recovery method in base summoner, Energy Transfer. It's tedious yes, but it's a balance. We also have an item, bleeding hearts, which are highly available if you either have a bone-saw or a diving helmet to gather enemy remains and head to alstalsia. There's also a grand summoner skill that recoverys hp and fp per round while they are not summoned. There's ways but you've gotta put in effort, more than you're used to for it. It's why people don't like summoner. It's a lot of effort for what feels like little reward.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Youkai were never supposed to receive the increased FP costs to their spells, and instead that was only to be for summoners and not their summons, I believe this could be a bug report. (But I could be wrong.)
The fact they also can only use one spell makes them fall prey to Repeated Action, which further burns down their usually small FP pool.

Raigen, you haven't been using Summoner enough in PvE to see how terrible it is right now. And especially as a Grand Summoner where you have multiple Youkai to tend to. A single, one-targeted, about 50 FP recovery for 3M that has a short range and forces you to slow down your PvE to babysit your bloody Youkai is not 'balance', it's an annoyance and especially when you have a group of people who's expecting you to be at your best every round.

I don't like being a liability when others are depending on me and my Youkai to do their job.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Give base summoner a passive called Victory Cry that restores Youkai FP, and maybe even HP by a % based on rank up to 5.
How about this. What I could suggest: Repeat action FP cost shouldn't apply to Youkai. Food recovery should apply to Youkais as well. Bleeding heart should increase the amount of recovery it offers or obtain a lot easier.

Yes bleeding heart exist but it's not something that's easily obtainable without a good deal of remain grinding. You'll find yourself needing like 30 for one high level dungeon due to how fast Youkais uses up their FP. Keep in mind their FP is a lot less than players with their evoker costing a good amount. Them running out in a single battle isn't unheard of anymore. Energy transfer makes little sense since they'll use up all that FP in 1 turn.

So yes, at the moment Youkai struggles in pve as they become useless pretty quickly.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
After recently trying out a different build, I can see snake's complaints here... So, as was stated with Spo... Reduce the costs for the youkai themelves. Next, add a passive to the regen skill of grand summoner that grants all summoned youkai the same fp regeneration but also includes cracked mirror, 15 fp per turn should work with the decreased costs to balance out how they seem to run out so fast... I didn't notice the problem in PVE due to how fast everything dies on my primary summoner but with the recent play I've done, I see the issues.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water