Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyna Reye - For Special Race
Applicable BYOND Key - Aeonna

Character Name - Dyna Reye

Request Type - Special Race and or natural ability

Request Details -  I wanted to make this character lupine but with the caviet they are the reincarnation of a summoned creature specificly a Raiju from japanese lore. While it isn't a real summoned monster in this game. It is however a a different cultures interpretation of lighting. Byakko happens to be in the game and I wanted to do its lupin counterpart. Simpley put just the being allowed to roleplay as such and use this description in my profile The oddest thing about her has to be how her very presense seems to charge the air with electricity. Potentially being used for small acts, like accidental zappings or for roleplay flavor of different acts like casting magic from this electric aura of sorts

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Well, byakko exists, and so does installing I wanted to do something for the wolf counterpart of a different mythos. Something fun and new.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Well, byakko being an actual youkai in the game and are actual spirits means the potential for some reincarnation does exist. however I'm not going to be heartbroken if I can't do this. It was just an attempt at doing something new for the game.
I'm afraid special races are off the table, players can only play as the race they've selected from character creation (or ones they transform into like Liches, Vampires, etc.) In this case, you'd just be a Lupine rather than a youkai spirit reincarnated as a Lupine.

While flavouring Youkai as others is fine. For instance, if you wanted to give your Byakko a different name and describe it as a lightning wolf instead of a tiger. That's acceptable.

But I'd say avoid making direct parallels to mythology though; use a different name and avoid references to the mythos they're from. Sure, while some Youkai like Byakko and Seiryuu exist and have their original concepts based on mythology, that doesn't necessarily mean other mythical creatures/deities exist as Youkai.

As for whether reincarnation is actually a thing? I don't believe there's any mention one way or the other. That said, I don't think I should approve anything to do with actual reincarnations at this point. It's fine to hold it as a personal belief for the character but not in actual fact.

I'd say it would make more sense to have this lightning wolf Youkai as one the character has contracted (either as a Guardian Spirit or a less personal one from the usual treaty with one) with the mild electrical aura as a feature of that Youkai, much like how other Youkai often provide a passive benefit with the Sync-Mind skill.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
(12-21-2020, 01:36 AM)Slydria Wrote: I'm afraid special races are off the table, players can only play as the race they've selected from character creation (or one they transform into certain things like Liches, Vampires, etc.) In this case, you'd just be a Lupine rather than a youkai spirit reincarnated as a Lupine.

While flavouring Youkai as others is fine. For instance, if you wanted to give your Byakko a different name and describe it as a lightning wolf instead of a tiger. That's acceptable.

But I'd say avoid making direct parallels to mythology though; use a different name and avoid references to the mythos they're from. Sure, while some Youkai like Byakko and Seiryuu exist and have their original concepts based on mythology, that doesn't necessarily mean other mythical creatures/deities exist as Youkai.

As for whether reincarnation is actually a thing? I don't believe there's any mention one way or the other. That said, I don't think I should approve anything to do with actual reincarnations at this point. It's fine to hold it as a personal belief for the character but not in actual fact.

I'd say it would make more sense to have this lightning wolf Youkai as one the character has contracted (either as a Guardian Spirit or a less personal one from the usual treaty with one) with the mild electrical aura as a feature of that Youkai, much like how other Youkai often provide a passive benefit with the Sync-Mind skill.

I'd be fine with that, can we make the icon for said byakko, be the ghost wolf to give that potential appearance of being made of electricity? just a lupine with an altered byakko flavor and appearence
Afraid I can't help you there, we can't change Youkai icons. There is the Youkai Regalia item but I think it only allows you to change a Youkai's appearance to that of another Youkai, not a monster.

Quote:I'd say it would make more sense to have this lightning wolf Youkai as one the character has contracted (either as a Guardian Spirit or a less personal one from the usual treaty with one) with the mild electrical aura as a feature of that Youkai, much like how other Youkai often provide a passive benefit with the Sync-Mind skill.

If you're fine with this though, then we can consider what's stated here to be approved.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]