Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquaphobia
So this is a simple thread, I'm not even going to meme the title

So as it stands the aquaphobia tome is kinda underwhelming due to its scaling choices where it could be an amazing 10* tome for its effect.

I think all it needs is to have its cel scaling changed to vit, since it's a water tome with ice theme for its skill

So just, 35% skil 35% wil 35% vit scaling

I don't think that's too much to ask for, thanks for coming to my ted talk
Yeah as it stands the current scaling of 35% SKI/CEL/WIL is a little eh. It forces you into having to build CEL which doesn't seem to fit the theme of the tome. I'd prefer the CEL scaling to be changed to VIT to fit the theme of it being water, given well it deals water damage and increases water ATK by UL/2.

tl;dr 35% SKI/WIL/VIT scaling I'd feel would fit the tome far much better than it's current one.

No I'm not Aquaphobic to the tome, get out of here with that.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Dev likes giving things odd scaling for some reason to avoid them from being too god but given the new staffs and how they work? I would say yes, let them giving it the VIT scaling instead of CEL so it fits a lot better with that it does than be that odd sheep.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Yeah the new staves are incredibly stat efficient, and due to how scaling works, not only do the staves have 5% higher scaling, but being split only between 2 stats means you have a much easier time getting SWA with them anyway, not to mention spear weapon components and two hand capability. Aquaphobia is a lot worse by comparison, especially given it's the progenitor of the mechanic the new staves are based off of.
If Celerity stays on the weapon which it probably should to make sure its not just defacto the best aquamancer tome in the game, I would suggest a minor scaling increase to it.

I would rather see it be focused on Celerity given that it has fear on it, 40 WIL/40 CEL/40 VIT would be just fine for the tome, it would scale very similarly to the fan tomes that way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Perdition
This is actually a great compromise as 40/40/40 is a lot better for scaling purposes. As it stands, Aquamancer seems to favor a dodgy strategy due to Ring of Pearls and since storm calling's scalings for the lightning and vyd effects so this would still be a very fitting tome for that class.
Considering that, with the addition of the new staves, it's weird that the Tali option seemingly meant for water (as compared to the one meant for Ice, which would still be applicable to water) does not scale whatsoever with the element, I could get behind a scaling change. Though, then again, the Tali is called frozen fear, so dropping SKI from it feels out of place to me.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It's somewhat out of place, but I feel like 40 WIL/40 SKI/40 VIT is far too optimized and, like Amber said, would just make it Best in Slot for every Aquamancer.
All I can agree with is tuning up its scaling to 40% from 35%. It's a 10* Weapon and it should be stronger.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(12-28-2020, 07:09 PM)Snake Wrote: All I can agree with is tuning up its scaling to 40% from 35%. It's a 10* Weapon and it should be stronger.

As a note I believe this should be the standard for most tri-split weapons, weapons like fan-tomes, Eternal Solitude, Atlua's Abaineko and Fan-daggers all see success due to their high total scaling.