Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spear talent bonus
As it stands, spear's unique bonus from talents is to provide the spear bonus power by SR x 1.5 when you are attacking an opponent that is melee range that is also facing you. This is absurdly specific, and I think the talent could easily just provide that bonus power at all times and it would match the bonuses axes and swords get. Swords are supposed to get extra hit, axes get extra crit and crit damage, with spears getting the power bonus.

The problem is, axes get 7 crit and 5% crit damage entirely unconditionally. Swords get 7 hit entirely unconditionally. So... why are spears limited to such a specific scenario to get their boost? A boost of 7 power might seem large, but it's arguably less powerful than what axes get in terms of raw stats, and spears typically have lower power anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Perdition's post:
  • Fern, Snake
Another case of the squirrel's favorite. 'Ynut'.

+1
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Go for it. The Spear talent is honestly so negligible I never grab it, but I almost always grab the Sword & Axe ones if I can afford them, and I actually worry about not being able to snatch them sometimes.

This buffs Mutated Hold Upper and Mutated Spirit Hunter's general damage by a smidge, but it doesn't really matter considering both of those proc parry effects such as Eviter/Stalemate/Ice Point Guard, so nothing that'd really get out of hand. And in practice, their numbers don't turn out all that amazing anyway. Just "good."
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I don't have any problems with this. Would be nice, sure.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Having been using the talent myself for a couple of days with charge shenanigans, I have to give this a +1, the damage boost is nice on paper until a hanging throws me at an enemy's back instead of their front.
I had a sudden idea about this. Why not Armor/Magic Armor penetration instead of Power?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Perdition
That's actually a PogChamp idea, and it fits with spears usually being the penetrating weapon type. This is the way.
While not opposed to the idea, they're already identified as a weapon type that naturally boasts a lot of hitting stats, they don't even have a wear down type weapon, and that is polearm's general identity.