Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isenshi
rock magic bad is a common sentiment among players, especially Isenshi. Isenshi triggers people to no end and generates salt like possibly no other skill in the game. It's no secret the spell is incredibly overtuned, and it's obvious when you look at it for all of 5 seconds. It:

Has a huge AoE range
Has a % damage amplification that scales by rank (you can reach 60% (!) bonus damage with spirited Isenshi) that kicks in with an incredibly easy to fulfill condition
Scales the same as other Evoker spells damage-wise despite being a defensive stat, something which all of the lower tier mage spells don't allow earth magic to do
Pulls anyone within its massive AoE range into the "danger zone" that has so much is taken any earth damage within the last 7 or so turns due to magnetize duration being able to be extended by talents
Looks the coolest of the 2nd tier evoker spells by far

The easiest and obvious change that I think should be done is removing the % damage amp that it currently has. It's mind boggling that this is even on the skill to begin with, and it has no business being on an earth magic spell of all things. Thus, it should be replaced with something else. Perhaps targets in the range threshold can be immobilized instead, or there can be an inflict based chance at inflicting lingering damage which LV scales based on rank, due to the rock "spears" piercing/puncturing the victim. It could reduce enemy move by an amount based on rank, idk. Finding a good effect to shift the damage amp to should put Isenshi in a much more balanced spot without anything else needed.
Instead of removing the damage amplification entirely, I would also be fine with restricting it to be versus monsters only, versus players it can lead to actual one shots on even the most RES heavy tanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shujin
Make it versus monsters-only, yes. Or perhaps against non-bosses, non-players. I'd like this to be a final solution against Youkai spamming too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]