Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Class Skill Buffs
Basically, as the title suggests, this is a thread of buffing various base class skills that I feel are lacking (some classes have more than others).

In general, the main suggestion I have for a majority of Skills (particularly the Offensive ones) is tweaking FP costs to lower when increased (save for some Skills like Mad Chop which receive a huge benefit when increased)

Anyway, moving on to specific classes:

Soldier:
Shinken
Projectile affecting the first enemy and hitting all enemies in the line rather than just the first one hit.

Quote:Currently, Shinken is not particularly useful and a little pricey considering it's effect.

I don't think it would be too strong if the projectile could harm the first enemy since the attack can miss and the attack and projectile are both physical, DEF would still do a good job of warding both sources.

Thousand Stab
50% STR + 50% SKI scaling instead of 50% STR + 50% CEL scaling. Partially ignores DEF based on Rank.

Quote:With high STR and CEL, Thousand Stab is okay, the main problem is that decent CEL is rarely a thing a Soldier will have so it's usefulness is limited as a base skill. However most classes in the game (including Soldier) have plenty of SKI.

In addition, I think it should have partial DEF ignoring properties (Rank*2 perhaps) to give it more point than simply being a flashy autohit.

Roundtrip
75% STR scaling instead of 25% STR scaling.

Quote:Roundtrip is very weak currently due to it's very low STR scaling, despite the 2 Hits it offers, it is currently too easy to invalidate with DEF.

Bash
Elemental Bashes reducing Stats by 5 for Rank Rounds instead. E.g. Blazing Bash (Rank 3) reducing DEF/RES by 5 for 3 Rounds.

Quote:Because dealing 2-6 unresistable damage beyond maybe the first level is far too weak to be of any help. I feel with stat reductions, Elemental Bashes would have a nice niche without being too powerful for 1 Momentum.

Duelist:
Crystal Rose
Add Sword WPN Power Scaling to damage formula.

Quote:I feel without the Sword WPN Power Scaling, Crystal Rose does not do quite enough damage to be worth using outside of removing annoying Seeker Flames.

Archer:
Aerial Razor
100% STR instead of 50% STR scaling.

Quote:Aerial Razor is easily forgotten despite being an autohit due to it's Line range and poor damage. I think all it really needs however is to do full STR scaling to get over being left to obscurity.

Starbow
50% SKI scaling by default, Dynamic Shooting providing 25% more SKI scaling.

Quote:Without Dynamic Shooting, Starbow is too weak to even consider. But even with it, I think it does need just a slight increase in damage.

Nest
Able to be placed on top of units to immediately hide them.

Quote:Even with a change, Nest's usefulness is quite limited. At least being able to place it on units would make it better for what it's made for instead of placing it down and then needing to Move into it, wasting more Momentum for it's effect.

Longdraw
2 Momentum at Rank 3, 1 Momentum at Rank 5.

Quote:Longdraw simply takes too much Momentum to bother with. Why use Longdraw when you could just move slightly closer instead?

Rogue:
Traps
Fire Trap leaves Cinder tiles (LV = 5+5 per Rank) for 3 Rounds.

Quote:Because Fire Traps don't do anything special unlike the other traps making them the least attractive trap option despite dealing ever so slightly more damage.

Higher Damage Scaling for Traps.

e.g.
Rank 1: 14FP, Range 2, Damage: SKI+10
Rank 2: 13FP, Range 2, Damage: SKI+15
Rank 3: 12FP, Range 3, Damage: SKI+20
Rank 4: 11FP, Range 3, Damage: SKI+25
Rank 5: 10FP, Range 4, Damage: SKI+30

Quote:Traps are too weak since they do not have WPN Power to utilise like the majority of Offensive Skills. They already require the opponent to move to trigger them, I think they should have higher damage so they are worth setting up for.

Pocket Sand
Can be manually refilled on a second use instead of only being used once per battle.

Quote:Mostly because I think it's not particularly useful, it's not bad, but I think it needs to be less limited than to a once per battle Skill.

Stealth Traps
Arming animation is only visible to the user/party and the trap is completely invisible to enemies.

Quote:It currently relies on whether or not your opponent was paying attention or not instead of simply being invisible, I feel that makes it pointless to even consider.

Martial Artist:
Peddling Wheel
Higher bonus damage with Rank. (+4 instead of +2)

Quote:Right now, there's not much point in increasing the effectiveness of Peddling Wheel, +2 Damage for +2 FP Cost is a really bad investment.

Heaven Kick
1+1 Damage per Rank per Distance travelled instead of 2 + 0.5 at Rank 3 and Rank 5.

Quote:Heaven Kick is great for closing the gap but bad for it's damage. I think a little more damage over Distance would make it just fine. Of course, this may need tweaking of the Elemental Effects.

Figured I'd throw in a few suggestions to help make the other Elemental Heaven Kicks not pale in comparison to Quaking Heaven Kick too.

Blazing Heaven Kick causes an explosion when it lands, dealing unresistable Fire Damage to the target and nearby enemies as well as leaving Cinders for 2 Rounds.

Freezing Heaven Kick inflicts Immobilize on the target for 2 Rounds and leaves Ice Sheets in the area for 4 Rounds.

Raging Heaven Kick deals +3 additional damage per distance travelled and can travel up to 3 additional tiles.

Swift Heaven Kick causes Critical Hits and gains +3 Critical per distance travelled.

Mage:
Explosion
Explodes immediately with Nerhaven.

Vyd
Push enemies away with Talvyd based on how close they are. (3 tiles at 1 Range, 2 tiles within 2-4 Range, 1 tile otherwise)

Rye
Strike one random additional target with Redgull within 3 Range of the target (potentially including the target itself). Second hit deals half damage if it hits the already struck target.

Stone Dragon
Enemy at the end of Stone Dragon's Range becomes Knocked Down with Galren.

Miu
Enemies become Immobilized for 1 Round with Kraken.

Famiuga
Enemies suffer -3 Move for 2 Rounds with Kraken.

Quote:This is mostly to make the 'Elemental' spells more useful for Mages, currently only a few have a benefit, which I think limits the usefulness of them for Mages themselves.

Astral Belt
+2 DEF/RES per Rank. Inflicts Magnetize (LV Rank*5) on enemies for 3 Rounds within 3 Range of the target. (Replaces damage effect.) +1 Buff and Magnetize Duration at Rank 3.

Quote:Astral Belt is quite bad currently, a relatively small DEF bonus and the ability to deal a very small amount of damage for a very rare occurrence. Instead, I think giving it the ability to inflict Magnetize along with the DEF/RES buff will make it of some use.

Curate:
Holy Arrow
Classifies as 'Holy', dealing Rank*10% extra damage to Undead, Vampires, Possessed and Ghosts.

Quote:A little extra incentive to Rank it up. I think it fits, it is Holy Arrow after all.

Kel
Push back enemies one tile, two tiles at Rank 3 and three tiles at Rank 5.

Quote:A knockback option for Curates as well as more incentive to Rank it up.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I agree with all of this, except Pocket Sand.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
Hella to all of these. Traps could stand to last till the end of the fight or until they're triggered though. Or Engineers should be able to increase the duration of how long they stick around.
I only disagree with Aerial Razor.

It's an auto-hit, and can get a 1.5x bonus to damage if you put distance between yourself and the enemy, not to mention docking their DEF.

For a base-class skill, I'd say it's good enough as it is.
I'm a bit skeptical about trap's scaling but then again their elements can be resisted easily.
I am okay with the majority of these, except Crystal Rose.

I can get the entire problem behind Crystal Rose, although I'm an avid Blazing Crystal Rose user; but the problem I see, is that adding weapon power on top of that makes it a bit too much of a go to for Ghosts that like to use Rebound or Sanguine Star. They already inflict Claret Call on enemies hit by their damage, but doing this, and using Blazing Crystal Rose like I just mentioned, already provides some nasty damage, along with a moderately good heal if they combo that with Rebound.

But as for Pocket Sand, that makes sense; especially if you're fighting in the desert, why else wouldn't you have sand?

Although, it'd be nice if Elemental Augment didn't take up a skill slot (with a second rank of course), nobody usually uses a weapon as a Mage as is, but if you're gaining some extra damage for saving your FP or providing a back-up way to fight when you run out of FP, people might want to use it more often as well.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I disagree with Pocket Sand and Aerial Razor, and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Starbow. Pocket Sand because it would be too easily spammed, even if you needed to use it again to refill it (unless you make refilling cost 5-6 momentum, and even then the change is questionable). Aerial Razor for the same reason as stated above. While I actually believe this one can do with a scaling upgrade, I don't believe it should go over 75%. I'm on the fence about Starbow because of how often I see it spammed on people with high evade and low defense (while being a very cheap AOE, mind you). I think if any change is actually to be made to this one, it should function as a basic attack on all within the area of effect. That way the damage would be the same as a normal attack, but it would now require a hit check (also slap a hit penalty on it that decreases with rank, from 25% at rank 1 to 0% at rank 5, in order to really encourage investing in it).

I love/am okay with all the rest.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
My only complaint is with Explosion immediately exploding with Nerhaven. A lot of the time, you'll be using Nerhaven to squeeze that Extra Power out. Explosion works well as a "trap" or sorts. To dissuade people away from moving into a space, or to hit a weakness between rounds to get +1 momentum next time. This would murder explosion for me, which is my favorite base mage spell.

I like all the other ideas.
*loud burp*