Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anchoring The Competition
Anchor Edge is notoriously overpowered since its update when axes got updated, recently its seen a lot of usage with the Volcanic enchantment, the thing is incredibly potent for more than a few reasons, those being:

-Huge amounts of SWA
-High Critical Damage
-Immobilizes on Crit
-Ranged Attack which pulls

Combine all of these effects with Volcanic and you have the recipe for a disastrously overtuned weapon, almost no other weapon in the game can compare to it currently and it needs some fine tuning to cull it in my opinion, its bad enough to warrant removing one of the problem cases listed above.

I would vote that the immobilize on crit be removed entirely, however I am also fine with it being changed to Clumsy and even possibly acting on a UL% chance instead of 100% assured, as the immobilize is what REALLY drives the weapon to be overpowering, there are just some builds who cannot do anything about immobilize, and if that happens all you have to do is play the ranged game (which you can with its ranged attack)

I don't want to see its damage being removed given that you do sacrifice a lot of stats to make it work, and I don't wanna see it struggling to hit 100 SWA again..
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier, Miller
Hard agree, I'd rather see the immobilize removed entirely than to add clumsy onto an already loaded weapon. I don't really have much to add that hasn't already been stated, but the introduction of clumsy might make the weapon even more annoying to some builds unless the chance is extremely low due to the lack of clumsy immunity(?).

It's a powerhouse of a weapon and that should stay, but immobilize + super high scaling/stats is a bit much.
[-] The following 3 users Like Miller's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, K Peculier
Aye, agreed myself. I think in part it's because of Volcanic currently being overtuned that makes the weapon much more swole, but the Immobilize part is definitely a bit too much. I also don't really care about the scaling.

You could probably make it slap Flatfoot instead of Immobilize? Clumsy is very frustrating in general to deal with, too.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Fern's post:
  • Autumn, K Peculier
I'm okay with it having the immobilize removed. I've stated to many people that Anchor Edge after the axe's scaling change was actually a pretty powerful weapon now but that only came to everyone's minds when Volcanic was changed to be what it is nowadays.

Before the weapon had a very strange scaling and it was hard to hit 100 SWA with it, so keeping the weapon at the current power is appreciated. Immobilize can go, it's a very strong hard CC that shouldn't be on something very easy to apply, like on-hit crits.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lonestar's post:
  • Autumn, Fern
Then I also agree with most of the points, I'd prefer the immobilize be taken away so the weapon can continue having its current strong suits, its already got enough of an identity as is with just the ability to be hurled and pull enemies towards you, as well as hitting like a truck like an anchor would.
Immobilize being removed would be fine as a fix. That said PERSONALLY WHAT I WANT AND NO ONE ELSE HAS TO WANT IT TOO; I am of the mind that I'd rather see other weapons buffed up to the tier of anchors edge, and then watch as everyone gets to go wild 'n out.

When I consider it things like Custom Tomes are on the same tier as AE currently is with more flexibility for builds. But removing immobilize wouldn't hinder AE much at all and you could have it inflict some form of slow like celsius, etc. Which while not the greatest inconvenience would be potent as anything that removes movement from our 5 tiles of footsy range would hurt my bones into perpetual blink spams.
[Image: giphy.gif]