Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1hp revivals
Currently the trait 'Die Hard' revives you with a luck-based chance, and gives you 1hp. Similarly, Sal Volatile picks you back up, and gives you 1hp.

As it stands, any form of reduced healing rounds that down to 0hp, and you instantly die again.

With the upcoming release of Homunculus as a race category, this means these revivals will be further useless to them much like it has been to vampires in the past, and is to anyone unfortunate enough to not remember they have a lauder infestation.

I'd like to suggest the heal these give you be increased. Someone else suggested 5% of your max hp for die hard, and my own idea originally was to up it to 10hp. Just enough of a buffer that you aren't instantly dead from reduced healing. For Sal Volatile, a similar suggestion was 10% of your max hp or 10 flat, whichever is higher. It's a small change that would, I think, be a good quality of life change.
[-] The following 7 users Like Tanasinn's post:
  • Eldwitch, Fern, Ham, Kameron8, Miller, Perdition, Snake
I think Die Hard reviving you at 5% would have the trait be a little more worth it than it is now, as it stands since it reduces your initiative to 0 and can potentially screw over a teammate its not even worth having, not to mention you're most likely to die to a random cinder anyways when on the floor.

Sal Volatile does have the Perfect talent available to it but without it, it would heal 0 HP to any race with a healing reduction of some sort on it.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Eldwitch, Fern, Lewdcifer, Miller, Shujin, Snake
5% seems so little. I'd go for 10%, or a flat number like 100. At the very least let you stay at 5%, but grant you damage immunity for a duration. I miss when we actually had "anime comebacks", because of how Turn Order worked back then.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Ham
I'd be down for the idea. It's no good having a trait that some can take despite it being literally useless to them, to the point of literally not even giving them the HP to stand back up, and the trait itself was pretty cool, once upon a time. So seeing a change like this would be nice.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 1 user Likes WaifuApple's post:
  • Kameron8
Agreed, you're already pretty much dead on wakeup as is. Making someone at least commit some amount of effort your way, instead of just laying 10 duration cinders on your body and walking away, would be nice.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Autumn, Eldwitch, Lewdcifer, Snake
I have to agree with all this, mostly because of cases where you may forget the infestation and homunculi and vampires can't get up from it at that point due to their already reduced healing. A flat number that can't be reduced would possibly be the best option.
Honestly I'm of the opinion die hard just needs buffed in general 5% health and immune to damage until end of next turn after getting up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lolzytripd's post:
  • Snake
Despite the previously stated ideas being functional, I want to suggest all revive-to-one-HP being changed to revive-to-level-HP.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Autumn
I changed Sal Volatile and Die Hard to revive you with HP equal to your level instead of 1 HP.
I'm worried that Poison/Lingering Damage may still do more than that, since at most that's a 60 HP revive, while badly beaten. It's not as bad as 1, but if not (Character level * 2), could this be readdressed in the future to grant damage immunity against non-direct damage until your next round, or should it stay as it is?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]