Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
On My Mark
So as it stands currently, Tactician's "On My Mark" passive is currently harmful to its supporting qualities, with the new turn order in effect you are effectively taking the place of your ally and potentially messing up a few of their interactions, dodgy characters have their low defenses made up for by being faster, this can incur certain interactions and/or allow them to have a greater impact on the match.

But when a Tactician steps onto the field, they take that person's turn and force them down a peg below the other team's fastest member, making their initiative practically useless to all but the Tactician, and this can be without their choice too actually since its not like you can agree to give the tactician your turn spot.

Tactician's On My Mark needs a rework to it I feel, in a way that preserves its current intention while also not stealing a turn order slot from your ally unless you were really the fastest, so here is what I propose to fix it:

On My Mark:
--Applies the first order skill you have equipped to all party members at the beginning of the match
--Order skills now last until your ally's next turn
-No longer bumps you up to the front of the turn order

This should help the skill out tremendously while keeping its intentions for the most part, its a technical buff to the skill but not by much in my opinion.

Tactician's supporting qualities could take a looking over in general, but On My Mark really does need to change for support Tacticians to feel like they're not stealing your dodgy ally's spot in the turn order, cause Tacticians really want to make use of those orders.
[-] The following 4 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Lewdcifer, Miller, Shujin, Snake
Playing a Tactician in its current state is generally a very janky experience. When something so important to its core function gets a proxy-change, it throws everything on its head, and that was certainly what happened when we got the new turn-order mechanics. I think the mentioned proposal is a healthy change for the state of things as is, as it makes fight less inherently awful turn-wise when people join the match, or die.
[-] The following 3 users Like MakeshiftWalrus's post:
  • Autumn, Lewdcifer, Shujin
On My Mark could also be a completely new gimmick. Like for example if a tactician uses an Order skill and uses Skip, the momentum used for said skill is refunded.

Of course, on top of the duration being extended to 2 rounds.

But just the above seems enough as it is, really. On My Mark does have the potential to be something cool by itself, but not mandatory in a Tactician's arsenal, is my line.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I've adjusted it in the following ways:

- Now main class only.
- Applies the first Tactician Order skill you have equipped at battle start.
- Increases the duration of your Order skills by 1 round.
[-] The following 4 users Like Neus's post:
  • Autumn, Fern, Miller, Snake