Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transformation: Dullahan
Shouldn't Dullahans be an option for Legend Extending? Died in armor, now I'm angerrr!11!!eleven
Don't want to encourage everyone to jump to the Dullahan ship, because like it says in the racial description, it isn't something that commonly happens.
Maybe it's time to start those LE-only races. :^)
But Dev. People jumped on the Lich-ship and we have atleast 20 running around constantly. We have about 15 dullahans running around currently with the number increasing as people get done grinding them to level 60 thirteen times for perfect stats.
Yeah, I'm against this for RP and balance reasons.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4900#p4900 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:38 pm[/url]"]Don't want to encourage everyone to jump to the Dullahan ship, because like it says in the racial description, it isn't something that commonly happens.
I have to seriously question your logic, because practically everyone and their mothers can go Lich (which involves an incredibly dangerous ritual) via LE. Moreover, just because it isn't a common occurrence doesn't mean that it will become one if it's available for LE; really, I doubt too many people will suddenly just switch over, and when there's a swarm of Dullahans already coming out of creation, restricting LE options just to enforce the idea that Dullahans don't typically happen is only an exercise in frustration and nothing else.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The difference is that the characters have a measure of influence over if they become a lich or not; anyone can do the ritual, and anyone can succeed, even if it is difficult. You can't influence whether or not you become a Dullahan.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4916#p4916 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:53 pm[/url]"]The difference is that the characters have a measure of influence over if they become a lich or not; anyone can do the ritual, and anyone can succeed, even if it is difficult. You can't influence whether or not you become a Dullahan.

Let's take a look here:
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4043#p4043 Wrote:Neus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:29 am[/url]"][Image: sF0lJGo.png]
Relevant characters have no influence over becoming an Umbral, Shaitan or an Oracle. In fact, I would be pretty sure that becoming a Dullahan is pretty much another version of becoming a Shaitan, except that it doesn't involve a Dark Zone and death happens before they rise as a Dullahan.

So why, then, does Dullahan's circumstances warrant it not being an LA option? We already have options that the character can't really influence. The circumstances are nothing that we already haven't seen on the board. The only thing that's going to change is that people don't have to deal with deleting a character file just to validate the unexpected change to Dullahan. (And if people having to completely remake for it sounds fine, then why offer the the racial transformations to begin with?)
Debatable whether or not you can influence becoming the corrupted variations, since you can, in some respects. And no, why would you be able to delete a character file to become a different race you can't attain through LEing? It'd be like if I have a Lupine that suddenly became a Corbie, because I deleted it and made the 'same' character.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4922#p4922 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:29 pm[/url]"]Debatable whether or not you can influence becoming the corrupted variations, since you can, in some respects. And no, why would you be able to delete a character file to become a different race you can't attain through LEing? It'd be like if I have a Lupine that suddenly became a Corbie, because I deleted it and made the 'same' character.
Oracles, from what we know, are entirely up to chance. Shaitans happen from Humans in Dark Zones, sometimes. Umbrals are outside when a Black Eclipse happens, and even then it's a rather low chance to happen. Dullahans happen when someone in armor dies, maybe due to certain factors.

They sound pretty similar to me; not sure how you're saying that you can really 'influence' those circumstances without giving Dullahan some room to be 'influenced' with.

I'm not talking about someone going into a completely different race for no good reason like going from Lupine to Corbie; it should be common sense for someone not to completely change their race that way (unless it was an acceptable retcon, but that's besides the point). I'm talking about someone who has their character die in armor, but has them come back as a Dullahan. The only way to do that would be to completely remake the character, even when it will still be the same person in the end. That is what having Dullahan off the LE list is ultimately going to cause, because no matter how you try to dice it, the aforementioned situation is plausible, and someone down the line will want to put their character through that.