Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transformation: Dullahan
'Someone will eventually break the rules and do it' doesn't exactly convince me to do it. It's a conscious exclusion. That's all anyone needs to know about it.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4927#p4927 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 pm[/url]"]It's a conscious exclusion.

I'm going to agree that that is extremely nonsensical.

[Image: 0d71ae3917163e1912bad225d9f920ae.png]

The in game description of Umbrals shows that you have no measure of influence in becoming an Umbral, it's affected by an event that isn't actually in the game and just mentioned in lore. You can't exactly say, "Oh I was created from the Black Eclipse yesterday", and expect people not to argue with you or be confused, since there probably wasn't a Black Eclipse the day before, because I'm sure as Hell the planet would notice it. The only other way to become an Umbral is by birth, and that's not something that Legend Extensioning does.

As for Oracles, again, this is another at birth only option, but the race is still selectable by LE standards.

Those two races have less measure of influence than a Dullahan does in becoming their races from humans. In fact, if someone hears a legend about how to make Dullahan, and they're stupid enough, they might attempt it, it's entirely possible for people to try, successful or not; especially when you can ask your buddy to help you ICly; IE, "Hey, help me bind myself into my armor", Hell I'm sure people probably do this to become a Vampire by asking to drink their blood.

I'm actually questioning how easy it is to become a Papilion now, since the Mechana Forest is a guarded area by Karaten. Would they even let people who aren't allowed, to enter?

Personally, I don't care about Dullahan in the slightest and currently have no intention to make one (which makes people question why I'd care to fight). I care about consistent logic, and considering that some of the game mechanics allow you to become other races that have a high chance of not becoming them, or at all unless you were born that way, it seems really stupid to say, "well you can't become X race because I said so, but here, turn into these races that break lore in order to change into them". It really kills character development and screws up the balance of Game Mechanics and Lore when you say "well you can't become this just because" when it's a lot more logical for someone to become a Dullahan than it is to become an Oracle or Umbral.

I say, if Dullahan can't be LE'd into, then there should be no reason you can LE into an Umbral (until at least Black Eclipses are a thing) or Oracle either.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
How many times do I have to say no in one thread?
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4931#p4931 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:12 pm[/url]"]How many times do I have to say no in one thread?
Until we're satisfied with the No.

The ride will never end
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4931#p4931 Wrote:Neus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:12 pm[/url]"]How many times do I have to say no in one thread?

Until a 'no' is given that doesn't contradict existing features/lore.
"Ryu-Kazuki" Wrote:As for Oracles, again, this is another at birth only option, but the race is still selectable by LE standards.

And where exactly did you see that becoming an Oracle is only possible on birth?

"Ryu-Kazuki" Wrote:The in game description of Umbrals shows that you have no measure of influence in becoming an Umbral, it's affected by an event that isn't actually in the game and just mentioned in lore. You can't exactly say, "Oh I was created from the Black Eclipse yesterday", and expect people not to argue with you or be confused, since there probably wasn't a Black Eclipse the day before, because I'm sure as Hell the planet would notice it.

Black Eclipses don't have to be reflected in-game. You already have a general estimation of when they happen (every 3-5 years), and that they happen at unpredictable times. It's not like it's a world-ending event that brings everything to a halt.

"Ryu-Kazuki" Wrote:Those two races have less measure of influence than a Dullahan does in becoming their races from humans. In fact, if someone hears a legend about how to make Dullahan, and they're stupid enough, they might attempt it, it's entirely possible for people to try, successful or not; especially when you can ask your buddy to help you ICly; IE, "Hey, help me bind myself into my armor", Hell I'm sure people probably do this to become a Vampire by asking to drink their blood.

Hey, dude, kill me so I can maybe become a Dullahan, even though I have exactly 0 emotions or convictions that would let me bind since we're just trying it. If it doesn't work tell my wife I said bye. This is exactly why Dullahans can't be LE'd into. Becoming a Dullahan isn't that simple, and none of your existing characters qualify. No, I don't care who they are. No one knows how they are created, or what they are, exactly.

"Mega-Blues" Wrote:Until a 'no' is given that doesn't contradict existing features/lore.

Okay, buddy, if that's what it takes. New retcon action; no one knows how Dullahans are made. They just happen sometimes. What are they? I don't know. They don't know. No one knows. Can you become one? No.

Now no contradictions exist. Have fun.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=4935#p4935 Wrote:Neus » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 am[/url]"]
"Ryu-Kazuki" Wrote:As for Oracles, again, this is another at birth only option, but the race is still selectable by LE standards.

And where exactly did you see that becoming an Oracle is only possible on birth?

A very vague statement you made on the old forums about human children being born into them and no one knows why. Leaving some details out can lead to speculation and all. It's in the archives thread Sly recorded.

On the off hand, like I said, I don't care that much about Dullahan, and have no intention of making one at any time soon. All I care about is making sure things make sense; and as much as I know you write the lore, it's not impossible to create a confliction. Other than that, I'm satisfied and couldn't care less.

So at least I hope you see I'm not trying to be difficult in any manner.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Revised Dullahan lore that will be reflected in the next update.

Quote:Ghost stories of haunted armors and headless horsemen are common tales shared around campfires, but these urban legends also have their truths to them. Enter the Dullahan, which is little more than living armor, created by unknown circumstances.

Most Dullahans that are 'born' are without sanity, often raging against whatever comes their way, and as such are seen as little more than monsters. The most famous of which are the Dullahans of Mallus, the dead city on Sigrogana's south-eastern coast, that roam the city walls and have prevented it from being reclaimed by the Empire (whether this is due to lack of manpower, or a lack of interest, isn't clear). Mallus itself has become little more than a ghost story after all this time, although the dangers of it are very real.

Those who maintain some of their memory and control are not much better off. Your mind, memories muddled by the veil of death, is forever bound to the armor and it to your will, and should it ever be significantly damaged (enough to shatter it into many pieces, for example), then the Dullahan ceases to be. Other than that, Dullahans are practically immortal, and as long as they do not cause a stir, pretending that you're just someone wearing heavy armor is quite an effective way to blend in.

The one commonality of all Dullahan, aside from being husks of armor, is a strong, burning desire, akin to a 'purpose' for existing. Whether this is to deliver some lost artifact to someone, or to slay a specific person; whatever it is, it serves as a powerful drive for the Dullahan, and something they seek to accomplish above all else.

Now if everyone could go back to whining about class balance, that'd be great.
evoker weak need buff pls
New lore has an oversight:

Quote:Those who maintain some of their memory and control are not much better off.

If no one knows where they come from... and this implies they were once living....
*loud burp*