Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.46] Protect does not serve
Protect is not working at all. Tested in various ways such as the following examples:

- Tried to make the Knight with Protect come by my side without Guard. Failed.
- Tried to move next to the Knight with Protect without Guard. Failed.
- Tried both above, but with said Knight using Guard instead. Failed.

All those tests were done in the Testing Server, against Fenrirberus.

I suppose it's due to how antiquated the code for it may be. Best to update it to the likes of Scapegoat Shield and Sacrifice, since those do work as intended, for example.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This doesn't elaborate on what skill or attack it didn't work against.
Basic attack, apologies. As the skill description goes:

[Image: unknown.png]

My knight friend had a shield equipped, and she was not intercepting basic attacks done against me, by NPCs, at all, no matter her position. (We tried cardinals, diagonals, no dice on neither)

And no matter if she was using the Guard skill or not.
(06-16-2021, 06:06 PM)Snake Wrote: Basic attack, apologies. As the skill description goes:

My knight friend had a shield equipped, and she was not intercepting basic attacks done against me, by NPCs, at all, no matter her position. (We tried cardinals, diagonals, no dice on neither)

And no matter if she was using the Guard skill or not.
It can only redirect the attack if the person doing the attack has the range to hit them IIRC from last time we tested and tried to report this a while ago, try with a bow or a gun and it shoud proc far more often. Regardless I wish it worked better.
I don't think it should work like that, as the description says "within melee range". So the only condition is being next to an ally, unless those extra mysterious things are clarified.
It would probably help to clarify exactly what doesn't work, I've reported this before but:

Monster skills and even their basic attacks cannot trigger protect anymore from what I can garner, this is the likely case for the thread (as no specific skill has to be used) specific cases that don't work with protect on player side from what I've observed are:

-Sidecut (Even when not targeting the protector)
-Sillcut (Look above)
-Couloir

I'd like to test this more but doing so proves to be a pain in the ass on my part and I'll try to get a more comprehensive list later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Snake
Teamwork made the dream work.

Here's the full list we could scrounge up of skills that do not activate Protect, regardless if the conditions are met or not.

Monsters/Bosses/Mercenaries/NPCs in general
Basic Attacks

Magic Gunner:
Parting Shot

Firebird
Pierce Linker

Archer
Cripple Leg
Cripple Arm

Ranger
Flip Shot
Retreat Flight

Verglas
Bear Palm

Spellthief
Mystic Dagger

Bonder
Pinball Strike
Warp Strike
Aliagmato

Duelist
Sidecut
Silcut
Colouir
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Autumn
It's still a problem in v2.51.

Even with Protect active, I'm not jumping infront of my ally to take >monster< basic hits. (Might be tied to 'Monster' weapons in general?) Debug doesn't show anything useful.

Could this be changed in some way to make it failproof functional like "Whenever you use Guard or end a round next to an ally, you grant a 'Protected' buff to them that acts like Sacrifice but only for Basic Hits', or whatever.

As of v.2.76c, this is still an issue. Tested lightly, but Protect does not activate as described in the skill description.
number 1 GTer EU