Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Staff of Mend) Let there be Dedicated Healers!
[Image: unknown.png]

There's the balanced way of being a Healer in SL2, this single baby here allows a "Healer" character to sit down and invest their sole 7M to heal someone for about 75 HP (at its very maximum, and you're at 60 Scaled WIL/FAI), with no fancy AoEs, huge costs, cooldown, high scaling or anything. There's a problem with it, which is Elves.

Elves can make its WIL/2 + FAI scaling become WIL/2 + FAI + SAN, which increases the power of this fairly exponentially when compared to anyone else using this. I've wrongly put the blame on Healer's Legacy in general, but the buds there were right with their claims, and I'll concede to their opinion and instead vocalize better the reason why I wanted to tackle Healer's Legacy, and no longer wish to, instead proposing this:

Quote:Healer's Legacy shouldn't affect the power of combat staves.

Quote:Staff of Mend's heal should be adjusted to 30 + Scaled WIL/2 + Scaled FAI.

And that's pretty much it.

The plain truth. I don't like having to be an Elf to be able to properly use battle staves, given they're already limited to Curate-only and require religiously for you to have FAI and WIL as high as you can, which often results in you ending a little more squishy for healing potency.

The idea that only Elves can use and abuse those is an absurd in my eyes. This should be possible for everyone who invest in FAI. It's not like utilizing those already put you at a heavy disadvantage, build-wise, anyway. That, and if you're playing a pacifist Healer, due to the addition of the cooldowns, you'll find yourself with a lot, lot of free time to do absolutely nothing. And that's where originally staves should've been slapped in to complement the Curate's gameplay, right?

Then! Make it happen. We need this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Everybody who uses WIL+FAI can use them.

Elves excel in using them.

There's literally no problem here considering it requires a SAN investment and that's all they get from it. It's not like with Kaels and their immunity to blind and free extra hit. Or Glykin and their immunity to poison and SAN regen.

God forbid a race excel at something, right? Right. There are a thousand more urgent problems than 'I don't like that elves get to heal better with stick than me'.
I remember mine doing 70 heals on my priest who was decidedly not a elf, each cast. Which is perfectly fine for something with basically mapwide radius and no cooldown and no cost. Fits the IC of not abusing mercana more than you need to aswell, which is what i like about it.
25~30 from WIL, if 50/60 Scaled. 50 Scaled FAI, since most races have this at 0 and you can't reach 60 Scaled without investing 99 FAI.

You'll always be looking at a number between 55 to 75 depending on the investment.

Elves just throw this equation to the air and go heehoo 100+ heals for just investing SAN and FAI, tossing WIL to the sharks, which is fine, but it shouldn't be exclusive to them, IMO. At the very least a well-statted healer should be able to reach 85 HP heals on that staff without shooting themselves in the foot, rather than only elves. (and mind you, investing in SAN only makes them more tanky when compared to other options too)

"Spending 7M to keep 1 friend sustained" is a cool thing that you see in many games' healers. You're sacrificing dealing damage or being useful in other ways to bet on an ally to do it for you. Shit that put 'team' in 'work', you get it. TF2's Medic being a good example of what I mean. It sucks that you gotta be an Elf to do it so stat-efficiently.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]