Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Papilion Racials
Been playing Papillion for about a month or two at this point. And i got to say, Their racials are unique but feel underwhelming at times.

Illusion Wing, As a perk it's fine.

Invite Insanity, Personally i have a few issues with this
-----
Blind - 1 Duration / 3 LV final hit capped at 50
Fear - 1 Duration / 3 LV -15hit to causer
Charm - 2 Duration / 10 LV reduce damage by level%

Silence - 1 Duration / 3 LV cannot cast spells(Unless you're a mage, Which can ignore this making it pointless, Sure it costs 50% more, But theres plenty of ways to mitigate it, Like high mage cape, Evokers absorb power skill +50)(If you're a curate you have silent prayer and gain immunity for a duration)(Both of the classes this was designed to counter, Can negate or ignore this effect.)

Poison - 2 Duration / 3 LV 10% hp damage at 3*level = 9 Damage a turn. (Do i even need to say more? Yes actually... This aint gonna kill a level 1 jammer unless you just end your turn like 4 times. We got other races that are designed around poison too like Wyverntouched.

Personally, I'd remove both the Silence and Poison effects from Invite Insanity.
Add Clumsy as a new fourth random Ailment.
----
----
Aposemagika, I'd rework this entirely but with the same effects...
As it is now, It gives you 12 spell power assuming you're L60 + the same status ailments Invite inflicts, But only to melee attackers.
Compared to other racials, Its really gimmicky giving both a spell boost with a niche anti melee, But what if that inflicts silence or the shitty 9 damage poison? You just got shit on by the game.

My rework idea for Aposemagika is as follows...
----
I'd split this into 2 seperate skills. - Not sure what to call this. (Spread your wings? Welcome to the Forest? Pollination?)
Going with the "and can inflict a variety of status effects against melee attackers"
6M
Not an invoke.
Still applies the "Passive: Upon using Invite Insanity the first time, deploy a permanent Aposemagika LV0 field effect, which increases the Status Infliction of Aposemagika users by LV%."
Applies a random status effect from the list of "Blind, Fear, Charm, Clumsy"
This lasts for 6 rounds -> Change to 2 rounds but with a 3 Round CD
This would make it much more viable in both pve and pvp, While still only applying to melee based attacks.
----
A new Invoke skill - The new Aposemagika
Active: This skill requires a Rank D Invocation
Once cast, increases the Power of your Spells by 4 Per Debuff your target is suffering from.
Spawn two Butterflies randomly on the field.
This lasts for 6 rounds. Aposemagika field LV20 lets you cast this skill without an invocation, but it gains an 8 round cooldown.
----
In short
Invite Insanity would be more reliable and viable and would be more about impairing the natural senses.
Aposemagika would be split into 2 parts which would reward spell types more if they go out of their way to inflict ailments, While giving other builds that want to use the 'On melee attackers' a quicker option.
You'd still get spell damage and you'd still only counter melee, So it's still easily countered by ranged weapons and magic.
My changes to Invite Insanity would require a Trait rework(Because snake mirage would be pointless if we remove a 9/39 damage poison)
Fairy Mirage would stay, Barghest Mirage - You inflict fear a bit easier, -20 hit with your fear instead of -15.
Poison and Silence should be swapped for Clumsy and Confusion, tbvh.

Aposemagika's free butterflies should also spawn in melee range of an enemy, instead of randomly.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]