Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All weapons are equal, but some are more equal than others
When it comes to gear in this game, especially weapons, stats play a large role in how viable it can be. Look at Anchor Edge--even after its nerf, it's still an axe with 95 base accuracy, 10 base crit, and 18 base power. It's probably still the best axe to use when it comes to basic attacking with them. Many weapons feel like they "have it all" in that they have both good or even great special effects while also having optimal base stats. Look at other examples such as Tarnada, Hundred Reflection Spear, and Fellgrant Drinker.

Fellgrant Drinker in particular is a vampiric weapon that enjoys 100 base accuracy, while another vampiric weapon, Vampire Bat, has 75 base accuracy, and negative (!) 5 base crit. While Fellgrant may be a 10 star, I don't think that means that a weapon like Vampire Bat should just be completely in the gutter. The difference is there already in that Fellgrant can get up to 14% higher vampiric effect. Arbitrarily lower base stats holds a lot of weapons back from being better than what they could be. 

I propose that if a weapon is clearly intended to basic hit, such as by having an on hit or on crit effect, that it should have "optimized" basic attacking stats like certain weapons enjoy currently. They don't necessarily need to be given crit. That would be nice, but I think it'd be more than reasonable for them all to have at least 90 base accuracy. 

The best part about this change is that it's both easy to implement and undo as it's just changing existing values among weapons. It's a small change that can be done to bridge the gap in viability between weapons even if only a little bit.
I think it's really a case by case thing because some weapons have terrible stats and terrible effects, while others have good stats and good effects.

A balance sweep of weapons as a whole is sorely needed and I agree that base accuracy is a big issue, but all factors should be considered. Vampire bat is not a bad weapon when compared to a lot of other axes, meanwhile some weapons are really held back by their scaling or their special effect costs 3m for something that should be a passive

That being said, a weapon intended to be used for basic attacks should probably not have 75% base accuracy
I thought I'd drop my own two cents about weaponry;

WHY DOES GOLGORTH DRAIN 10% of CURRENT FP?

That's on top of it not having a natural crit rate or a notable hit rate or power. Sure, that's fine, if the gimmick could actually drain someone's FP reliably.
It's even got a cap (that won't be reached unless facing a boss monster, because Liches), so it's only reasonable that it'd be able to sap someone clean of FP.
Except that it can't, it won't, and its still outclassed damage-wise by other weapons, and gimmick-wise by Ritual Sword.

While there are other weapons to worry about, I thought I'd drop my two cents about the Golgorth.
My past haunts me every day, and it's the form of a journal I can't let go of.
It would be nice to see a pass to give useless weapons (like nelten) some sort of upside. There's just a lot of weapons, and gear overall, that is just bad and I think that's a shame, I think even low rarity weapons should have a niche, not just be straight downgrades. Even stuff like breastplate. Thankfully we will likely see such a pass sometime in the future so I'm looking forward to it