Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(V2.47) Soundcloud-based Music Doesn't STFU
Profile music using SoundCloud will not shut off, even after you close out of a profile, and will only stop if you play a different song or close out the game entirely. I panic-tested it before because I thought something on my end was bad, but seeing someone else get this too pushed me in the bug direction.
I am pretty sure it also will not mute if you hit the in-profile mute button, but I might be mistaken and that was something else.

Method:

1. Upload SoundCloud song to your profile as per norm.
  2. Let it play.
  3. Close out of the profile.
  4. Hear your music forever.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
I have to ask, with this bug report, what happens if you open the profile again and then reclose it? Does the music stop then? I have a somewhat consistent issue with the first open of a profile (even on YouTube-using profiles) having the song linger even when I close the profile.

But the song will play again on the profile opening and close normally that time around, so I want to know if these are the same bug.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Last when I checked it just restarted the song, but had the same exact effect.
I can also attest to a similar issue with Youtube, but that comes from closing the profile before the video can load in the background in my experience, and can be fixed by just opening your own profile, letting the music play for half a second, and then closing it. Technically a portion of the same bug, but I wasn't sure if that was just my potato computer.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
Generally I only get this behavior if I open a profile and close it before it starts playing, because the browser keeps the player open (to make it play songs quicker on subsequent openings). I can't actually get it to keep playing if you wait for it to start and then close it.
Adding to this: If someone used soundcloud for their BGM, and you open someone's else profile that has no BGM set, the music will keep playing, from where the previous one stopped no less.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mewni's post:
  • Shadbase, Trexmaster
Also adding to this, if you mute someone's profile that uses sound cloud music and then close the profile, the music will begin playing again until you open another profile, this can be avoided if you remember to unmute before closing it. but RIP your ears if you forget, also can we please make it so Sound Cloud music doesn't blow out my ear drums k thx!
W-what? what do you mean I need to have a catchy signature....i don't know how to do that....wait are you writing this down!?