Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evasion and Hit suggestion
Back to evasion suggestion.

Would put this under suggestion but what might be stated falls under balancing as well.

What's the reason for this thread? Simple, throwing a ball or a suggestion towards evasion builds and their squishiness without turning them into pure tanks or buffing tanks with them.

How would you go about that? Well to add one (two) suggestions, bonus on top of evasion.

Not everyone can run classes that provide bonus reduction, even then, there are times when it isn't enough compared to, let's say a doomed wall (Doom wall is someone that can not only take overall damage well but can dish it just as hard.)

So what are these suggestions?

Graze
Sidestep

Variant bonuses of Evasion.

Graze! Graze is when someone has enough evade check to proc this. It reduces the incoming damage by half of their CEL stats. This works very similarly to armor.

Sidestep! Whenever the enemy's hit check is very low if not in the negatives, they have a chance to proc Sidestep. This allows someone to move to the side and avoid an attack.

Details?

Graze can be activated whenever the Hit/Evade check is around mid to low but the chance it triggers I would suggest should be linked to CEL (Half Scaled CEL maybe). This will avoid brawlers that barely invest their points into CEL to gain a massive advantage from it. This Variant applies with the reduction standard Evasion provides.

This is mainly for auto hits but possible to implement for basic attacks if touched up a bit.

Sidesteps can be activated whenever the Hit/Evade check is low to the negatives (Like 25% to -1 and less). While this is also to punish those those who ignores SKILL or overall hit stats, but leaving it to RNG will also prevent stackers from abusing it. 

The RNG chance where it could proc? I would say if the hit check is over 1%  and higher, 10% chance of their current evade. If it's under 0%, 15% chance of their current evade. (Cap at 50% chance)

If they are unable to move due to immobilization, Frozen, or any status like that, they cannot proc Sidestep. If the step is still within damage tile then it will fail and force them to take standard evasion or Graze damage instead. This means if the enemy uses Air pressure and while they did trigger Sidestep, but all around them is still within the attack, it will fail.

While the suggestion doesn't seem all that great, it would certainly aid evasion builds against auto hits while still suggesting counterplayer to avoid this type of fighting style becoming the go to. This is more a support than a complete switch.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Senna's post:
  • HaTeD, SolAndLuna
Sees evasion mechanic proposal as someone who pretty much only plays dodgies-   *BREATHES*

Jokes aside though, I'm going to keep this post pretty brief so I can go sleep at a reasonable time for once.

I think it could use a bit of adjustment I feel in the face of builds that can build both high defenses and evasion- aka doomwalls. It's no secret at this point that Summoners/Engis/RMs can get away with massive stat tomfoolery due to how they don't really need stats to operate, meaning full tank + dodge stats are possible. While that should be a separate balance issue that needs to be addressed another time, new mechanics that trigger off of evasion would be a dangerous tool to give doomwalls in the current state of the game.

The band-aid fix to this without gutting the core concepts of graze + sidestep (as I think they are interesting ways to buff evade against the large amounts of autohits that plague the current meta without really hurting basic hitters) is to make it so having high def/res makes these new bonuses weaker in some capacity. Whether that'd be decreased trigger chances, to decreased % effectiveness, to even straight up being disabled past a certain def/res threshold are possible solutions I feel. 

At the end of the day, evade builds in my eyes should be high risk/high reward in the sense that negating basics is much better than tanking the blow. In no means should it ever become better than stacking defense/resistance as a tank for survivability, but having *something* that isn't just "use RoP" to help make dodgies not instantly get blown up by autohits without making them any better against things like basic hitters is a step in the right direction I feel. While evade/hit in general still needs a tweak in regards to buff stacking, something like this levels the playing field just a bit for those like me who love the risky nature and gameplay of extreme dodgies who have the defenses of wet toliet paper without actively being cripplingly punished by autos for doing so.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]