Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I put on my robe and pope hat.
So Detailed Care is kind of ridiculous.

With Malmelo, even a Shaitan leveled as Arbalest/BK can make an effective healer, what with being able to restore 24-36% of the entire party's max hp for 4M..
And that's not even the worst part. With the right setup you can Graft for near 300, maybe even more. That's a one turn full heal for a tank, and even one cast for some characters.

This trivializes PvE and dominates PvP, turning the former into management of your hunger bar and the latter into.. bad words.

It does have (very few) counters, so here's what they are and why they aren't good enough:
  • Black Bolt
    + Has additional effects
    + Only the damage can be reflected
    - High FP and VE costs, making it only viable as a Void Mage
    - Silence is wasted on a Curate without Hexer
    - Darkness is easily resisted
    - Void Assassin only
  • Interference Shell (arguably the best option)
    + Has additional effects
    + Only the damage can be reflected
    + Very long duration
    - Requires overcharge
    - Can be dodged
    - Magic Gunner only
  • Black Static
    + AoE
    + Can't be reflected
    - Low damage scaling
    - Decent FP cost
    - Chance-based infliction
    - Hexer only

So I propose lowering it to 5-8% per Rank.

That is all.
Isn't detailed care only supposed to be proccing if they are within 1-tile of you?

"Detailed Care

Passive
Target: N/A

Being up close and personal with someone you're treating often allows for a better level of care. When you are within 1 Range of a target you are using a Healing or Treatment skill on (Curate and Priest only), the power of the heal or cure is increased by 10% per Rank. (This does not apply when you are the target. This will affect the maximum LV healed by Treatment skills.)"

This seems to me like it's more of a bug report than anything. also black bolt is < arguably > the best due to the fact it also THROWS your target across the map and creates a 'no fly zone' for magic, making Malmelo cost something akin to 100 FP in that zone.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=5041#p5041 Wrote:Rendar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:03 am[/url]"]also black bolt is < arguably > the best due to the fact it also THROWS your target across the map and creates a 'no fly zone' for magic, making Malmelo cost something akin to 100 FP in that zone.
No, it isn't. An actual Void Assassin can't really do that more than once, while Interference Shell lasts pretty much the entire battle.
And this isn't really about Malmelo.
Yeah, I play a VA/Kensei and despite being very lucky with WIL growths and having full FP regen skil thingie from Kensei. One could argue that I can absorb veil, but you try charging it up and using the extra momentum and then charge it up again to actualy launch it. Black bolt is something that really sucks me dry. (~)

And yes, the healing is quite ridiculous, I'm supportive of the change.
but you can just fray two voidgates next to you netting 60 VE per turn for like 8 turns, Sure you can get knocked out of it though.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that
1. Immobilize you
2. Take two turns to even setup
3. Give you void energy based on the damage of the frayed gate bolt thingie - AKA YOUR WILL?
1. no its just you have to be smart in your placement of the gates to create zones,
2. 1 turn per frayed gate, honestly making void gates should be reduced to 1M, its such a tactifully beautiful skill, but the setup time is bogus
3. correct, BUT, in group fights with multiple Va's their frayed waves will give VE to every friendly VA they pass through

also frayed waves give VE= to will/darkresist /magic resist.
I haven't been able to replicate giving friendlies void energy.
Smart of placement of the voidgates? It takes a single skill to blow you out of the way, or the enemy could just sit and throw magic at you, or otherwise outmanouver you. This isn't really PvE where they just mindlessly rush you. It's not being smart. It's very unhandy. Void gate cost won't be really reduced, they are good enough as they are. And now imagine all you just described, having to do that againts the insane healing that priests are capable of. You pay shitton of momentum to get all the frayed gates you will need, (Average of three to actualy fill up that 60 VE in one turn), absorbing it for FP, casting, while all they need to do...is just a three momentum/six momentum heal.
Result? Still awfuly inferior.

But let's not flood the topic with this.
Will admit first, 300 isn't a one turn heal for tanks; though two times in a row definitely goes to be a full heal per round.

Though either way, yeah, Detailed Care probably needs to have it's rank scaling to the above suggested. I agree with that a thousand times over; mostly as it basically makes it like you are able to have your allies chug a somehow better Prescribed Hi-potion at the drop-of-a-hat without a single downside other than moderate HP loss. Though I'd probably suggest the scaling only be applied to things like Graft and Malmelo; excluding the 'Cure' skills.
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
I think a class meant to be support deserves it's super-heals.

Attack the priest, who can't heal themselves for so much, or inflict Interference.