Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Specialization (and monoclassing?) rework idea
So, I think most of us know the tale at this point: Picking destiny is questionable even in most cases and going monoclass (for example, evoker/evoker or BK/BK) for specialization trait skill slots is considered even WORSE idea in both PVE and PVP. With GR2, perhaps even more so due defense/evade changes and that making people going for supportive skills from other classes instead of speciliazation of one.

So I had idea of adding either another trait obtainable AFTER choosing specialization or additional bonus to specialization, which gives bonus depending on your choice of monoclass.

And to prove that I actually though of this, here is idea to all advanced class monoclassing bonuses!

ARBALEST:
Increased bow attack range if you have bow that weights enough.

MAGIC GUNNER:
Reduced cooldown from using overcharge OR +1 rank to shells (does not stack with spirits)

RANGER:
Reduced "Annorum" cooldown

MONK:
Max Ki storage up? Honestly, not sure since it already gets bonus generation for using monk as both main and sub class...

VERGLAS:
Increased duration of Winter's Bite.

BOXER:
Start the combat with 1 or 2 stacks of Schwarz Sturm

LANTERN BEARER:
Increased range of auras

PRIEST:
Increased range to some support spells.

AQUAMANCER:
"squall goes to water aisle" is added as free battle music Increased max stack of Aquae Crest

ENGINEER:
"Good materials" gets additional free rank or two

VOID ASSASSIN:
Hitting enemy to back gives +1 momentum once a turn.

SPELLTHIEF:
Can store extra stolen spells

GHOST:
Reduced hp% cost of skills/spells

KENSEI:
"Eviter" from base duelist no longer uses up weapon durability

FIREBIRD:
"Boon of Apus" now only requires three out of four skill types to be used.

BLACK KNIGHT:
Reduce all physical damage taken by X% or let stalemate work multiple sides

TACTICIAN:

Start combat with increased tactics ranking

DEMON HUNTER:
Get few free stance swaps each combat.

EVOKER:
Increases potency of all invoke spells

HEXER:
Increases status infliction rate

RUNE MAGICIAN:
"Swift Rune Crafting" cost is reduced or removed.

GRAND SUMMONER:
Bonus contract limit

BONDER:
Youkai cost bit less to maintain

SHAPESHIFTER:
At start of combat, automatically install first Youkai on your list.

I do not claim to have knowledge of all classes nor that my suggestions are best for them. There is most propably better ideas those fit the trait better.
im all for reasons for monoclassing since there are 0 as of current that outweigh the current boons that dual classing gives.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
[-] The following 1 user Likes Raigen.Convict's post:
  • Ace
There already exists some skills in the game which have special bonuses when "X is both your main and sub class". I think those should simply be much more common. If mono aquamancer had like 2 other skills that got way stronger it would start being a contender for that monoclassing turn 1 call storm dream.

I think making it just one bonus would be too limiting. And the technology is already there!

Also, specialization should give other buffs than skill pool size: a monoclasser already has a limited amount of skills, what they need is more power. Like, +1 rank to all skills as if you had a spirit for each? Sounds strong but makes sense
I dont really like the DH since it would make people ditch gradient blur and save 2 points off each stance but other than that, sweet buffs