Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LUC needs an extra boon
With everyone now packing SKI as it is a mandatory stat, compared to FAI and SAN, I believe LUC should have a word on that now. LUC became solely a Critical stat, so it can get an extra little thing on it with no huge balance issues. I vouch for the following:

- Luck should grant either 0.5% or 1% Status Resistance per point.

Building SAN and FAI are too rough to be used by your average non-Priest and non-Wyverntouched builds, and now that LUC doesn't contribute to Hit and Evade, it can easily help with the second mechanic hidden behind SL2's damage race of numbers.

Even if I predict it won't solve the current problem of Status Infliction reaching 200% easily.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I semi-regularly already fight people who reach 180 status resist, with 200ish being the effective inflict cap. Please, god, no. Especially now that glancing and dodge don't even /apply/ inflict attempts now.
[Image: unknown.png]
Seems like I'm not the only one feeling like luck's been feeling a tad weak post-eva removal. I'm not incredibly keen on luck giving status res for much the same concern as above, where status-reliant builds are already trying to fight past glancing as is. The most band-aid solution to luck I could give while keeping to its focus as a crit stat is to just slap more crit per point onto it. The finer numbers could be argued, but I'd personally say somewhere around 1.25-1.5 crit per luck is fair. Assuming a basic attacker builds 50 scaled luck (just as an example), they get around 12-25 more crit. 

I think this might help basic attack builds that have to build str + gui as it lessens the amount of luck they need on top in order to reliably crit in the first place. I think making crits easier to achieve for those fishing for them is a fair consolation also for the fact that glances completely negate any momentum gain that you would normally get.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 1 user Likes InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Fern
(08-28-2021, 12:00 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: Seems like I'm not the only one feeling like luck's been feeling a tad weak post-eva removal. I'm not incredibly keen on luck giving status res for much the same concern as above, where status-reliant builds are already trying to fight past glancing as is. The most band-aid solution to luck I could give while keeping to its focus as a crit stat is to just slap more crit per point onto it. The finer numbers could be argued, but I'd personally say somewhere around 1.25-1.5 crit per luck is fair. Assuming a basic attacker builds 50 scaled luck (just as an example), they get around 12-25 more crit. 

I think this might help basic attack builds that have to build str + gui as it lessens the amount of luck they need on top in order to reliably crit in the first place. I think making crits easier to achieve for those fishing for them is a fair consolation also for the fact that glances completely negate any momentum gain that you would normally get.

I mean I did say increasing it to 1.25 Crit and Crit evade is always okay, 1.5 is just too much since that's a 50% increase. Status res getting more options? That should be tied to VIT than LUC since VIT is about health and so on. Yes, building LUC is a lot harder now since there's a mandatary amount of SKILL or GUI to reach as well as some being forced to build STR now. Due to this, it becomes a lot harder to truly build more than 40~50 LUC unless the player disregard WILL completely.

Also, whoever you see can reach THAT much status resistance in this meta? If they're not a summoner or a Priest, someone that builds that much faith, it's uncommon lol. I've yet to see someone reach over 120 status resistance and can still hit someone without evasion ignoring skills that isn't a summoner or a priest.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I think that 1.5 Crit per point is a good enough increase to make the stat worthwhile, you're increasing the effectiveness by 50% and making it so people who would previously go up to 50 LUC before now only need around 35 to achieve the same number, making GUI a much more reasonable investment for them to achieve.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Akame
1.5% crit, 1% crit evade would make sense in my opinion, it would make crit a bit less matchup dependant without needing to necessarily cap luck. The stat as a whole might need a little bit of extra sauce otherwise, though, like 0.5% status resist/inflict
That's an interesting take. LUC granting more critical hit is also very welcome.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I kinda start to feel, simply cause of how the Hit/dodge stats have shifted around, that hit in general has a thick advantage over dodge and is slightly unbalanced. With the exception of a few outliners of debuff builds that make use of blind/glowing tiles and maybe oracles.

I keep details for that for a bigger GR2 thread, but it might not be an entirely bad idea to give it 0.5 evade either simply to act as counter weight to the massive guile bonuses you can get. Guile in general has alot going for it at the moment. I know we just removed that bit. But I also do not really see people having problems with critting much, as long as they utilize their buffs.
Without a class thats passively gives me crit evade like BK or having both Luc and Faith, I get pretty reliably crit even with boneheart and 48scaled luc. So it makes me wonder if giving it more crit is needed.

Status resist is fine I guess, but we all know how that works. You either have TONS of it, or it doesn't even matter. So it would only buff those that already go for it and be pretty useless for pretty much everyone else.
Just my two cent, I don't claim to have played it enough to have a super educated opinion yet, just some observations I made.
I agree with Shujin's post above in regards to critical ability. I find that, despite running BK, boneheart, and 50 faith on several characters, I still get reliably crit by people who buff into it. With overall tanking ability down, I don't personally think it's a good idea to enable crit more than it already has been, because then crit evade becomes useless unless you're stacking everything in the game to prevent it.

That being said, I find it difficult to ever justify running luck at the moment if I'm not specifically using it for the crit. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though, as luck is still essentially mandatory for those wanting to do big wang physical damage.

Adding status res to it might be a good idea. Keep in mind that anyone who does dip into luck hardly has the spread needed for faith, and sanctity. And if people specifically go out of their way to build fai/san/luc then let them weep in also needing ski/vit, and defensive stats.
(08-30-2021, 06:03 AM)MakeshiftWalrus Wrote: I agree with Shujin's post above in regards to critical ability. I find that, despite running BK, boneheart, and 50 faith on several characters, I still get reliably crit by people who buff into it. With overall tanking ability down, I don't personally think it's a good idea to enable crit more than it already has been, because then crit evade becomes useless unless you're stacking everything in the game to prevent it.

That being said, I find it difficult to ever justify running luck at the moment if I'm not specifically using it for the crit. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though, as luck is still essentially mandatory for those wanting to do big wang physical damage.

Adding status res to it might be a good idea. Keep in mind that anyone who does dip into luck hardly has the spread needed for faith, and sanctity. And if people specifically go out of their way to build fai/san/luc then let them weep in also needing ski/vit, and defensive stats.

A tiny bit off topic, but I'll explain my reasoning why more crit per point can be good. Crit eva is a tool you don't really need to "build" massive amounts of for it to be valuable, as it provides a lot when it denies a crit on someone. Let's say the average basic attacker not building crit eva has 60 (mostly from luck), that means the critter needs to reach 160 crit before they reach that sweet 100% crit chance. Some people would struggle already to hit this value with buffs if they are thin on stats, and every point more of crit eva eats away at the crit odds. Even 80 crit eva can start giving headaches since a 160 crit build will be at an 80% crit odds, which is on top of hit/glance checks. Considering that landing non-glance crits in order to generate the momentum/get crit damage needed to not to just be outdone by skills, I feel people who build the crit stat heavily should be allowed to crit almost all the time. 

TLDR: Crit eva doesn't need to be anywhere near the target's crit value to provide MASSIVE value in a fight, since it's two flat checks against each other. If you look at it as a third hit/eva check for basic attackers on different stats, and you'll see why I hold my position on the matter.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]