Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defensive Hunter (Demon Hunter defensive skills thread)
Quote:Know No Pain

Rank 1 - 5% + (Scaled SKI/2) + (Scaled DEF/2)% chance to parry martial weapons (-20% damage). Grants bonus Rage Energy equal to 50% of the reduced damage.
Rank 2 - 10% + (Scaled SKI/2) + (Scaled DEF/2)% chance to parry martial weapons (-30% damage). Grants bonus Rage Energy equal to 75% of the reduced damage.
Rank 3 - 15% + (Scaled SKI/2) + (Scaled DEF/2)% chance to parry martial weapons (-40% damage). Grants bonus Rage Energy equal to 100% of the reduced damage.

The reason is because due to its Armor reduction, Matador Stance's KnP is not really acting as a reliable defensive skill, especially if the enemy has ways to reduce your Armor to 0. (Wear Out potential from the 5 Armor Penetration series). So in a summary, Know No Pain makes you take more damage overall and this is bad enough to warrant a change.

Quote:Retaliate

If Rage Energy is at 200 or more:
- Ignores Evasion.
- Knocks the enemy back by 1 tile per 50 Rage Energy used, ignoring Knockback immunity.

At that point you took too much damage for the sake of a build up. It's only fair IMO.

Quote:Bullet Barrier

Rank 1 - 10% + Scaled LUC% chance to deflect ranged basic attacks, while lowering own Gun's durability by 8.
Rank 2 - 20% + Scaled LUC% chance to deflect ranged basic attacks, while lowering own Gun's durability by 4.

Adjusted to match the update changes. Still believe this should have no limitation in the trade of Durability down. I hope this also encourages the classic Gun + Sword gameplay that Demon Hunter hints to be the way so much.

Quote:Snake Dancer

Rank 1 - On evade, steps to a random direction and grants Sonic Speed LV15 for 2 rounds.
Rank 2 - On evade, steps to a random direction and grants Sonic Speed LV15 for 4 rounds.

Proccing Snake Dancer should definitely have something to it. Using the Flottement argument, it does grant damage bonus on Sidecut/Sillcut, so this could grant a wittle more Evade.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm sorry to crash your thread, but I have some strong thoughts against most of what you're suggesting and have to say something, lest they be implemented.

One of the fantastic things about Matador skills is that they don't force you into a single build type, barring the partial Dark ATK scaling of Bellowing Stag. The same is true to a lesser extent for Bullet Barrier specifically; although most gun builds probably appreciate having some LUC, it's nice that they are not explicitly forced to take it for a deflection skill to proc.

Personally I like Retaliate the way it is, and I think "ignoring knockback immunity" is absolutely cheesy and annoying for anyone who spent 3M to use Unmoving, or who is wearing Elytra. There's just no reason to change the skill.

And as to Snake Dancer, I could get behind the notion of allowing them to teleport with Bluebeo equipped, or with any other item or skill that turns movement into teleport. But building it into Snake Dancer itself? No.
The described scenarios for snake dancer of getting hit multiple times by the same skill even if not a multi-hit were in a bug report and as of next update the skill will work like flottlement. As such, those examples don't really apply anymore.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
So desu ne... I've been sniped.

(08-31-2021, 04:36 PM)Jeff Wrote: I'm sorry to crash your thread, but I have some strong thoughts against most of what you're suggesting and have to say something, lest they be implemented.

One of the fantastic things about Matador skills is that they don't force you into a single build type, barring the partial Dark ATK scaling of Bellowing Stag. The same is true to a lesser extent for Bullet Barrier specifically; although most gun builds probably appreciate having some LUC, it's nice that they are not explicitly forced to take it for a deflection skill to proc.

Personally I like Retaliate the way it is, and I think "ignoring knockback immunity" is absolutely cheesy and annoying for anyone who spent 3M to use Unmoving, or who is wearing Elytra. There's just no reason to change the skill.

And as to Snake Dancer, I could get behind the notion of allowing them to teleport with Bluebeo equipped, or with any other item or skill that turns movement into teleport. But building it into Snake Dancer itself? No.

That's alright. I've clarified what'd be in for Retaliate. Both conditions only if you've taken sufficiently large enough damage, not by default.

Know No Pain
Right now the way this fake defensive passive works makes it so you're taking more damage overall, since it reduces Armor, which lowers damage before the multiplications, therefore sharply decreasing damage taken, and then only reduces a measible 20 from the end result.

Making this a parry not only thematically looks cooler, but makes it more consistent on what it does. Just like Ring of Pearl.

Snake Dancer
It has nothing going for it anymore. Unlike Flottement, you get a damage steroid on your next sidecut. Snake Dancer just makes you flop around with no other effects and that's it. The bad thing of this skill back then was its damage nullification, and now that it doesn't exist, it could serve to be the stance that rewards you for dodging with the newest buff implemented on Magic Gunner.

It's not like Demon Hunter or Destiny Demon Hunter ever have any dodging benefits to it compared to other classes, given how Soldier doesn't ever give you means to dodge things by default. So Snake Dancer is the odd man out of the entirety of the class.

Bullet Barrier

It's eh at most. The way it is, you just nope out a single ranged attack before the stance is rendered useless. There's no 'desperado' feeling on something so limited and balanced in 1v1 scenarios like it is.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
that's a weak parry....