Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[2.49] Armor seems to have swapped their position in damage calculation?
Hello, after gr2 I noticed I had started taking a lot more damage. And while I did account in the reduction of defensive stats, the damage I have been taking has increased a LOT more than what it should have.

For example, previously when I was fighting seto and managed to parry them with stalemate, I took 0 to 2 damage off the attack. Nowadays, I take 28 damage AFTER stalemate. I asked more experienced player than me to give their opinion on debug I provided after being hit by mobs few times and it seems armor has moved to apply before dr instead of after. I cannot test old versions so I cannot prove this 100% but few people seem to share same idea. I will be posting one of debugs below as example:

System:
* Initial Damage: 126 Pierce Physical, flags: , sk: null, wep: Blackfang / /obj/items/equip/weapon/monster/black_beast * play_atk_anim was 1.
* 34 Evade VS 207 Hit.
*2 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit.
*1 Roll(s) Remaining. This one was a hit.
* Critical check: 54 Critical VS 54 Critical Evade. (126)
* armor was allowed. armor_reduc was 34. (92)
* spec_flat_reduc was 0. (92)
* amp_multi was 1. (92)
* reduc_multi was 30.7215. (28.2638); MAG DEF, 53.424 PHYS DEF, 82.45 REDUC
* elem_reduc was 0. (28.2638)
* Damage caps applied. (28.2638)
* Damage shields applied. (28.2638) * Final damage was: 28.

System: * basic_attack(atk:Horned Black Beast,def:Knight with a Spear,W:Blackfang,dmg_mod:0,hit_mod:0,crit_mod:0,crit_dmg_mod:0,spec_flags:,auto_hit:0,dmg_scale:0,counter:0,magic_atk:0,ignore_onhit:0,dtype_rep:,retal_ok:1,auto_crit:0,fatal:1,ignore_closes:0,dmg_scale_post:,attack_num:1)
* atk_multi was 100. atk_bonus was 0. dmg_scale was 0.
* crit_multi was 100. crit_dmg_flat was 0. attack_num was 1.```
Flat reductions do indeed take place before amplification effects and multiplicative reduction now. This is an intentional change, mainly because flat reductions taking place afterwards made them very powerful. While it could be reverted, I think that's more of a balance fu discussion.