Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ki Awoken
Ki Awoken should have a bonus effect that grants +5% Damage and -5% Damage Taken per 10 Ki the Monk has in storage. Even if this ends up nerfing the stats it grants down to the baseline of 5 (from 10).

This skill is not reliable on its usage one bit and ends up being more self-destructing than beneficial in the overall game plan of a Monk.

In the end you're taking more damage by yourself than the enemy can do to you, given it's a percentage that cannot be mitigated by any meaning. A bunch of stats isn't really what makes a "transformation"-esque technique good, it's its extra effects. For example, Death Knighting is not good because of its bonus stats, it's due to Fallcall, so is Shine Knighting due to its petticots of Blind.

Kind of self-explanatory.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake's post:
  • Fern, Mr.SmileGod
Yeah, the one good thing going on for it right now is style points. I don't think there's much else to say, a lot of people skip out on grabbing Ki Awoken unless they want to be flashy because it's normally not truly helpful to you in a fight.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Ki Awoken gives an absolutely massive stat bonus, as stated in the OP, I'd like to see it be less about stat padding and more about providing a more useful power cost, I would like to also suggest exploring a stacking Worn Out debuff as a drawback as well, instead of or accompanying an associated HP% Cost.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Lewdcifer, Shujin
(09-16-2021, 08:08 PM)Autumn Wrote: Ki Awoken gives an absolutely massive stat bonus, as stated in the OP, I'd like to see it be less about stat padding and more about providing a more useful power cost, I would like to also suggest exploring a stacking Worn Out debuff as a drawback as well, instead of or accompanying an associated HP% Cost.
That thought crossed my mind serval times, with serval high power buffs such as potions. Though Ki awoken certainly is the worst offender of over self destruction in a similar vein of painproof.

Ki awoken is very gimmickly as it stands, the by round increasing HP cost for what it actually does is not really feeling good. I'd probably remove the by round increasing HP cost effect (or drastically reduce it), and instead add some sort of penalty to stats/worn out effect once its turned off based on how many rounds it was active.
While the stat padding is "nice",  it certainly doesn't outweight the costs and is not really interesting.
I could also see reduced damage during the active time but once off you receive more damage for a couple of turns. Stuff like that would be probably more interesting than the Climbing HP costs.
When you actually do the math on ki awoken, it is literally unusable in any scenario. You NEVER get any benefit with it when weighted against the lost hp. Even in the dream scenario with a build designed around using ki awoken, you might break even on extra damage dealt/mitigated vs the hp cost, ignoring the momentum cost of activating it in the first place. This is all assuming you have it activated for one round and one round only as well, any more than that and you are literally just killing yourself for your opponent. I agree that it's one of the most stylish things in the game, but I personally think that it needs a total rework. Stacking worn out debuffs is kind of a nice idea but potentially abusable for basic attackers that don't care much for fp, but I do like the idea of changing up the boost it gives rather than just stats. Just dear lord, remove the hp loss. Even if it didn't stack, it would make the skill basically unusable.
I think a good idea would be to switch the HP drain that Ki Awoken penalizes you with to an FP drain per turn for starters. It's pretty detrimental to anyone who isn't a Ghost as well and even then you're helping your opponent more than half the time completely destroy you faster.
(09-21-2021, 01:59 AM)PantherPrincess Wrote: I think a good idea would be to switch the HP drain that Ki Awoken penalizes you with to an FP drain per turn for starters. It's pretty detrimental to anyone who isn't a Ghost as well and even then you're helping your opponent more than half the time completely destroy you faster.
Big FP drain would be an interesting mechanic.