Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cobruh
Cobra's Snake Dancer is currently just a watered down version of Flottement and when I say watered down even that is too generous. It's usage right now is mainly for Leaping Lizard and Winged Serpent which is fun and all but I believe since the change it's been slacking heavily. Flottement (or any other movement skill really) in this situation is heavily more favorable because at least you're building damage for proccing it while as Snake Dancer is just pretty much tile movement and afaik it doesn't help against multi-hits at all. Therefore I propose Snake Dancer should give a bonus to evade while in Cobra stance (snake 2 fast) whether it be +10 or +15 evade. Feel free to post other suggestions as well if anyone wants to toss in some other ideas however I think an evade buff is pretty solid for what it's supposed to do.
I said before it should grant Sonic Speed LV15 for X rounds. (+15 Evade, changes movement to teleport) (X = amount dodged, stacks up to 5 rounds)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sounds good to me however changing movement to teleport would mess with Charge and Charging Strike? (I think?) so I think it'd be better off with just an evade buff and tile movement.
(09-19-2021, 11:43 PM)PantherPrincess Wrote: Sounds good to me however changing movement to teleport would mess with Charge and Charging Strike? (I think?) so I think it'd be better off with just an evade buff and tile movement.

As someone who has used thunderhooves teleport on DH, I can say for a fact that charge/charging strike works just as normal with teleport movement.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
Counter point, cobra is still better than leaving yourself in Matador or Desperado atm.
(09-20-2021, 12:10 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 11:43 PM)PantherPrincess Wrote: Sounds good to me however changing movement to teleport would mess with Charge and Charging Strike? (I think?) so I think it'd be better off with just an evade buff and tile movement.

As someone who has used thunderhooves teleport on DH, I can say for a fact that charge/charging strike works just as normal with teleport movement.
They're referring to how if you use something like Charging Strike Roundtrip with teleport movement, you won't get the bonus range after being within 3 tiles of someone because you didn't actually step over tiles normally, so the game thinks that since you "haven't moved" then you shouldn't get more range on Roundtrip.

Charging Strike Mad Chop is another one affected by this. Turnover & Thousand Stab aren't affected because they don't get any extra benefits from moving across a bunch of tiles.

Retreating Swipe is affected still, AFAIK.

This is more or less why teleport movement can be detrimental to a Soldier, and why Sonic Speed could conflict with it (unless it'd be adjusted.)

Long story short, anything that is affected by the amount of tiles you moved while using Charge (I.E Retreating Swipe, Mad Chop, Roundtrip) conflicts with teleport movement because when you teleport move, the game doesn't register the amount of tiles you've moved for that purpose.

EDIT: shinken is affected too
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
(09-20-2021, 12:59 AM)Fern Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:10 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote: As someone who has used thunderhooves teleport on DH, I can say for a fact that charge/charging strike works just as normal with teleport movement.
They're referring to how if you use something like Charging Strike Roundtrip with teleport movement, you won't get the bonus range after being within 3 tiles of someone because you didn't actually step over tiles normally, so the game thinks that since you "haven't moved" then you shouldn't get more range on Roundtrip.

Charging Strike Mad Chop is another one affected by this. Turnover & Thousand Stab aren't affected because they don't get any extra benefits from moving across a bunch of tiles.

This is more or less why teleport movement can be detrimental to a Soldier, and why Sonic Speed could conflict with it (unless it'd be adjusted.)

Long story short, anything that is affected by the amount of tiles you moved while using Charge (I.E Retreating Swipe, Mad Chop, Roundtrip) conflicts with teleport movement because when you teleport move, the game doesn't register the amount of tiles you've moved for that purpose.

Ah that makes sense, considering turnover and thousand stab were the only charging strike effects I ever cared about getting lol. I don't imagine it'd be that hard to change teleport movement to count tiles for the purposes of the effect though, if that's what everyone is fine with.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
[-] The following 2 users Like InsainArcaneBirdbrain's post:
  • Fern, Maksimum_Fire
(09-20-2021, 12:17 AM)Lolzytripd Wrote: Counter point, cobra is still better than leaving yourself in Matador or Desperado atm.

Matador charges up your rage meter each time you're hit and Desperado can stop bullets for you sooo... idk about counter point.

(09-20-2021, 12:59 AM)Fern Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:10 AM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote:

Hit the nail on the head pretty much.
Teleport is still a basic movement that goes over tiles and respects obstacles, regardless of going from point A to B in a flash. That's a bug no one really reported, I guess.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
yes lets add more teleport movements to dodge all the neat field effect stuff in the game making them more useless :ok: