Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v 2.51] Weakness Cancelling Fleur
Weakness Cancelling out Fleur's Momentum Gain
A bug report by Ruff Knight
As the title suggests, I've done some testing and I am fairly confident that is the bug that I've been dealing with in game. The jist of the problem is that when encountering an opponent with weakness to an element, if your basic attack itself is triggering that weakness, the momentum gain from fleur appears to be completely negated. What's more, is fleur is technically proc'ing. The fleur debuff status is applied to the enemies, with no actual gain to momentum from the critical hit itself aside from the standard +1.

How I discovered and tested this:

I first encountered the problem while fighting black beasts with a bow using fire arrows. What I noticed was that I would crit, but end up with only 5 momentum afterwards instead of the typical 6 that I'm used to seeing. When I tested critting with my sword (which does no fire damage), I emerged with the correct crit gain every single time. From there, I tested on more mobs.

Against mobs like ice giants and legumes, which have no fire res, I noticed that when my fleur procc'd with the bow, I did receive my correct momentum bonus. 

I then tested if I would receive the same results by fighting other mobs with fire weakness. That being: goblins and gorgons. In both cases, if I crit with my bow with fire arrows, fleur would proc but I would not receive the momentum benefit. I was drained of my usual momentum gain. However if I crit with my sword (again, no weakness procs), I received my momentum gain from proc'ing fleur.

To Summarize:

Weakness does not cancel fleur, but it does seem to cancel momentum gain. I have only tested this with fire weakness procs with fire arrows, but given the extent of research I've done with that particular tool, that is the conclusion I have been able to draw. In theory, this could be tested further with a narcus or fire tome to be sure. I have not gone this far with my research, so I will make that known.

Edit: I have tested this with the Narcus. Same results.
[-] The following 4 users Like TheRuffKnight's post:
  • Boomkiller, Hiazro, ItsWanderlust, Sokuryoku