Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.51] Narrate / Lighting Pain in Houses
If you enter a house, or a new floor in a house, as a party - only the leader will be able to activate narrate tiles and lighting changer tiles.
Everyone else in the party will get bup-kiss. It's to where to safely enter any event space or anything, eventmins have to tell us to enter without a party just to make sure it goes off. But even outside of eventspaces, this is REALLY annoying.
In example, if someone were to walk into my player home (which is saturated in narrate tiles and light changers) with me, and I was the party leader, I would be able to see them, but the player I'm dragging in a party would never be able to see them unless they left the party and go see them themselves.
It's more of an inconvience, but... it's a REALLY annoying one that I feel bad watching everyone just living with it.

To recreate:
1) Be in a party and not be the leader
2) Enter any house with narrate tiles / lighting changers
3) Have leader walk over these tiles
4) Anti-profit as you don't get them.

Theoretically, this could maybe be solved by if the party leader steps on a lighting changer, or a narrate tile, it simply acts as if EVERYONE in the party has stepped on that tile.
I'm not sure if it'd work, since I don't know anything about BYOND coding, but... it's a start, right?
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
This has been corrected.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neus's post:
  • Poruku, Shadbase