Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unagile Protection
The Main Class exclusive skill Agile Protection for Ranger in its GR2 iteration is...   frankly pretty bleh, at least as far as MC skills go. For reference, here's what it does currently:

[Image: unknown.png]

Back in GR1, this used to give 30 crit eva and bonus evasion eva at max rank, and it had a niche as far as light armors went. Now, it's hardly relevant for two reasons. The first is the fact most dodgy Rangers would still prefer running an unarmored torso since glance/evade does the same job as crit eva in denying crit momentum (albeit in a different way). The other issue I see with this is the fact that +15 crit eva as a 3 point MC passive is pretty terrible when you consider BK gets +24 crit eva passively, with no MC restriction. Most rangers don't even MC in the first place since they rather have duelist and other class's MC skills, and even if they do, they still don't often grab Agile Protection since it eats into their already tight skill points.

I have three possible ideas that could help work around this problem, two of which keeps it to just a crit eva passive. The first idea is to bump up the crit eva bonus back up to 30 at max rank, and keep it a MC exclusive. The other simple solution that could work is to keep the skill as in in value, but remove the MC requirement (And maybe bump the crit eva to 6 per rank?).

This last idea is a bit more experimental, but would put Ranger as a stronger non-destiny MC position rather than be relegated to sub. The idea involves giving back evade in some capacity to Agile Protection, but perhaps base eva akin to the Rogue +5 passive. If it's around the same base bonus value as that, I don't see it as being too strong since it can't be stacked with the Rogue's, and it's MC locked onto Ranger meaning you lose a lot of value by not having fleur, install, etc. It'd also help reinforce the idea that Ranger is the "Light Armor" class in that they get bonuses for using it like BK does with heavy. Numbers are up for debate, but 2 base eva and 5 crit eva per rank sounds fair enough (For 6 base eva and 15 crit eva at max rank).
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
It should be more powerful or not a main class skill, as it is now.

I'd say imagine if Agile Protection made you step away "Rank" tiles upon triggering evade if you are wearing Light Armor?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]