Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two souls above and beyond
Star 
(Also known as- Is that a Jojo reference?)

So, I've been looking on 'Two souls beyond' Special effects and it stuck to me- What if installing a singular bonded youkai was a valid playstyle? (that does not shut you off from like 50% of other bonder skills). So here's my idea for a new skill: Perfect sync: Your friendship with your Youkai has reached new levels, and you can now act as extensions of eachother.
If you have only one bonded youkai and you install with it:
(Here's my idea for how to make it 'work' but I guess dev could come up with something else)
The youkai is summoned attached to you, moves with you, and basic attacks when you do, BUT it does not get turns of its own.
It can not take damage from any effects other than Shared Pain, and it can not take healing from effects other than Shared Joy
If you use its evoke skills, it will be cast as if the youkai cast it instead
You gain the effect of skills that say 'If the caster/owner is (youkai name here)'
You gain its on summon effects if applicable (stuff like ascended youkai directionals)

Extra ideas welcome!
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]
If parted pain activates on that and you can't use aoe or focus it, then that would be blatantly overpowered.
The youkai attacking at the same time as you sounds like an interesting concept, but your own damage should be nerfed in that case. Or your attack gets replaced by the youkai's but it's boosted. Still I don't know if this is a good idea

All we really need is for the youkai to count as summoned and nearby for the effects of other skills.
>If parted pain activates on that and you can't use aoe or focus it, then that would be blatantly overpowered.
Eh, I think we have worse. Also oooh crap, it was supposed to be shared pain, parted pain is a different thing. Could make them take damage separately. For aoe, it would end with net neutral damage. But if you basic attack 2 mobs on a single tile, both get hit so that sucks. Could make it so shared joy also is the only way to heal the youkai, so all healing you take is cut in half too.

>The youkai attacking at the same time as you sounds like an interesting concept, but your own damage should be nerfed in that case. Or your attack gets replaced by the youkai's but it's boosted. Still I don't know if this is a good idea
That kinda ruins the concept since once again, you cannot get youkai attacks out when you have only one youkai and its installed

>All we really need is for the youkai to count as summoned and nearby for the effects of other skills.
Honestly, that alone doesn't interact with that much stuff. You already get the effect of fight as one.
[Image: kTbQzUT.png]